Home U.S. Coin Forum

My dad passed away this past Thursday (08/02/18), please post any coin from 1933

2»

Comments

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

So very sorry about this great loss. I don't own a single coin from 1933, or I would have surely posted it in his honor.

Take care,
    Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m so sorry to here this , Elmer. Such a tough loss too.
    My sincere condolences, Joe

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • skier07skier07 Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

Condolences and may your dad rest in peace.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the loss of your Dad.

God Bless you and your family.

• hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just spent the last 10 days with my mom after she lost her kidney to stage 3 cancer surgery. It came out of nowhere for our family. Sorry to hear about your loss.

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sorry for your loss.

• bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss! My condolences to you and your family!

• drddmdrddm Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sorry for your loss.
    I only have a Bust half from 1833

Dave

• JBNJBN Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

Condolences.

• savitalesavitale Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have any 1933 coins to share, but I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Condolences. ..

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

my condolences and best wishes

• shinywhiteshinywhite Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss. Bless you and your family

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hated to hear this Elmer. You have my sincere condolences.

• carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Erik,
    I have to say I feel a close kinship to you because my father also passed away this last Saturday under remarkably similar circumstances. He was born in November 1933. He gave me some of my best coins - last year I got him one of Dan Carr's 1933 Buffalo nickels. For his birth year I put together a set of Irish coins for him. I suppose his coins may come back to me eventually, but for now enjoy this banknote which is also almost 85 years old. With great sympathy, your brother from another family, Gawain

Thanks everyone for the pictures - they cheered me up, too.

• DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

:'(

Becky
  • ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally had a chance to come back and read the responses, thank you very much! It really does help.

The end came faster than we thought, but he did say he was prepared for it. It started to go downhill fast the weekend after my Vegas show trip (which he told me to go to), but at least we were able to get him home. After that, it was about a day and a half of being alert and communicative, then the pall of silence with a bit of restless sleep, then the passing.

We all will get to the end someday. It's best to live life to the fullest, work to live and not live to work, and try not worry about silly things that add up to nothing (paraphrasing Tom Petty).

Slowly but surely, it will be back to the coin world.

• CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

A dignified end to a long life well-lived.....this is something we all can hope for. I am sorry for your loss.

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss - glad to hear you were able to be there.

Jim

• Bankerbob56Bankerbob56 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

Peace be with you....
    My wife was also a "victim" of this dreaded disease. She died of lung cancer at 55, and didn't smoke a day in her short life! If you're interested check out Pelotonia.... it's an annual fundraiser at Ohio State. 100% of $$$ raised goes to The James Cancer Center at OSU for research/development/and treatments in the battle against cancer. I have ridden in it for three years now. Guest speakers have included Joe Biden, Sheryl Crowe, Lance Armstrong, and various other "survivors" who have benefitted from this fundraiser.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.
  • RRRR Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

So sorry for your loss, Erik. Condolences to you and your family.

<html />
  • carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just received my dad's coins - he would have been 85 next month. Bittersweet, but here is one from him -

• Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

sorry for your loss.

• gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:
    Blessed to die at home no pain and with family and friends .

I'm sure this was a major comfort for him. May he RIP.

• DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Condolences to you and your family.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • RB1026RB1026 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭

So very sorry for your loss :( May the coming weeks & months bring you and your family peace.

• AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

My condolences...

• ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm so sorry for your loss and having my dad just pass away, I feel your sorrow and pain in my heart. I know our love and memories are what will keep them with us forever.

Charmy Harker
    The Penny Lady®
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

So sorry for your loss Erik.

I'm sure it's comforting for you to know that your Dad died with loved ones around.

May he rest in peace.

I didn't have this old friend handy when I posted back in August.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file