Home Sports Talk
Options

Yikes. Not a stellar start to Johnny Manziels CFL career

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

11-20 for 104 yards. 0 Tds and 4 Ints. He did manage two tackles after his first 3 picks so there is that. There are guys that are hard to root for. He is near the top of my list of tools.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/johnny-manziel-throws-interception-first-pass-disastrous-cfl-debut-002916455.html

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might be time to consider divesting Johnny Manziel rookie cards.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

He fits right in with Archie Griffin and Brian Bozworth as players that were good in college and a BUST in the Pro's. :o

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2018 10:23AM

He's no Doug Flutie.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    He fits right in with Archie Griffin and Brian Bozworth as players that were good in college and a BUST in the Pro's. :o

Did you not see Brian shoot a beer can off a guys shoulder with a sub machine gun? Have to be pretty good to do that

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Did you not see Brian shoot a beer can off a guys shoulder with a sub machine gun? Have to be pretty good to do that

All I remember him by is getting run over by Bo Jackson like he was a cardboard cutout made out of tissue paper. :oB)

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

All I remember him by is getting run over by Bo Jackson like he was a cardboard cutout made out of tissue paper. :oB)

That is one of the most overhyped plays EVER. I’m a huge Bo Jackson fan but really if you look at the play it wasn’t a head on collision like everyone likes to think it was, Bo had an angle on the Boz and ran him partially over because the Boz was off center, it definitely wasn’t straight up by any means.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

That is one of the most overhyped plays EVER. I’m a huge Bo Jackson fan but really if you look at the play it wasn’t a head on collision like everyone likes to think it was, Bo had an angle on the Boz and ran him partially over because the Boz was off center, it definitely wasn’t straight up by any means.

I know, but Boz was more talk than walk. ;)

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will agree with that Dime lol

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I will agree with that Dime lol

Indeed!

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......