Home Q & A Forum
Options

Which grade code of PCGS Geniune coin is attractive to buy or sell if it is below market value?

Which grade code of PCGS Geniune coin is attractive to buy or sell if it is below market value?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try to reword your question? Are you asking what is the best grade to buy if it is underpriced in a PCGS slab?

• Options

Yes, I want to know which grade code of PCGS Geniune coin is best for people to buy. I prefer to buy a coin graded "95" (small scratch) if its 62-64% off of PCGS Coin Prices Guide. But I stay away from tooled, harsh cleaning, etc. these are intentional efforts to cheat the buyer. Is it okay to buy a coin graded 91 or 97 if it is underpriced in a PCGS slab?

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

be sure when you see a problem coin with code, scratched, cleaned etc, perhaps a couple others, looks for problems not mentioned on the holder. and i've seen many, where the worst problem wasn't the one noted. so if you are in the problem coin arena, caveat emptor.

the question you ask is one answered more by experience than a blanket policy answer, unfortunately.

if you are buying cheap, should be ok, no matter the code aside from counterfeit/authen. unverifiable.

welcome to the forum.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -