Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Ok Who Does This Set Belong To?

Link to Set

You have to love the name of this 1980 set even if the owner forgot an "s".

Comments

• Options
    I'm already liking this collector. What a perceptive, honest, and modest individual.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Bows politely: thank you folks.

I predict that there will be a large surge of these cards making it to the marketplace by the end of this year. It's a fun set, and 1980 is the year the Phillies won their first and only World Series, a year special in my heart. (and no, it is not a coincidence that all of the Phillies in the set are already graded)
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    LOL

Too funny!
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    No way! Are you serious? It's your set?

• Options
    Hard to imagine a dork such as myself has the occassional glimpse of humour?

I go for quantity, not quality. If I try to get a laugh 537 times, I am all but guaranteed to get at least a laugh or two.

Gemmintman - If you want to be hooked up with a 1980 Kelloggs PSA 9 set later this year, give me a call. I'll look out for you

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    LOL, thanks, but I only go for the '70 Kellogg's. Hey you may win the Registry's Best Modern set in Baseball! You get my vote. image
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    My guess was that it was indeed Marc, due to the preponderance of Phillies cards in the set. My suspicions were confirmed.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Could MS also be the owner of the following 1951 Bowman set?

Phillies Phan's Partial Phillies Team Set

John
  • Options
    Do you mean it's time for me to crack open this relic that's been sitting unopened in my closet for 22 years?
    Dom

If I'm buying it's PRICELESS. If I'm selling, it's WORTHLESS.

Looking for 1984 Donruss -
    #238 Keith Hernandez PSA 10
    -----------------and
    #637 Omar Moreno PSA 9 or 10.

• Options
    Yep -- that 51 Bowman set is his as well.
  • Options
    Yes -- those 1951 Bowmans are mine, as Vargha confirmed. I really do love both those cards -- but they are not my #1 priority right now. Not that I would intend to trade or sell them, but I guess most cards have a price. Who knows -- I figure if the Ralph Branca PSA 9 1 of 1 goes to bidding of $4,000+ with reserve not being met, perhaps there is a chance someone will offer me $2,000 each for the two PSA 9 one of ones I have.

Shrug ;-)
  • Options
    Branca would probably pay you $1K each for them. I would pay about $850 (max.) apiece.