Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

"Virtual" National - Will See What BBCE Has Available for a Board Group Rip

70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭

Got delayed in getting to National by an unexpected work issue but will be driving up in the morning for the show open.

As is now becoming a tradition, I'm willing to organize a board group rip with BBCE product so that those who cannot attend get to have a "virtual" National experience.

I have no idea what Steve has saved up for this year, but we always manage to find something that isn't usually found on his site.

Anyway, I'll post what I see first thing tomorrow and we can go from there.

Dave

Comments

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Dave. How many days are you planning on being in Cleveland. I know the drive is a killer for you. :D

KC

• Options

@KendallCat said:
    Thanks Dave. How many days are you planning on being in Cleveland. I know the drive is a killer for you. :D

KC

Same avatar as tMB I see. Damn nice cards you posted the other day, I’m officially jealous.

• Options

@Fayeilding said:

@KendallCat said:

KC

Same avatar as tMB I see. Damn nice cards you posted the other day, I’m officially jealous.

Assume you are on Rivals as well? Thank you for the nice words. Are you heading to Cleveland as well?

KC

• Options

@KendallCat said:

@Fayeilding said:

@KendallCat said:

KC

Assume you are on Rivals as well? Thank you for the nice words. Are you heading to Cleveland as well?

KC

Nah not this year. Yeah, I’m the one who posted how much I loved the 56 Mantle in the card thread.

• Options

Ok. I see a 1977 Topps BB sealed Wax case listed at $80k (16 boxes), 1978 Topps BB Rack case (3 boxes) listed at $10k, 1981 Topps FB Rack case (3 boxes) lusted at $8900, 1976 Topps FB Cello case (15 boxes) listed at $110k, 88/89 Fleer BKB Wax case (12 boxes) listed at $22,750.

Any interest in some of these?

Dave
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

If we broke the ‘78 baseball rack case I would take two packs. Not sure if you are just looking for those interested in boxes.

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

That case is on consignment.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options

Just let us know and might be interested in some of them.

KC

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be interested in a couple 81 FB racks if breaking boxes.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

All baseball cases sound interesting. Would be cool to break some of these.. Thanks in advance for your efforts, Dave!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    PADIdiverPADIdiver Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

How much would these be per pack? I'd be interested depending on price. Really would do it just to be part of a group rip!

• Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

I would be in for any of the noted items.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options

What time to meet at bbce tomorrow - 2pm?

• Options

Here are the prices we could get:

1977 Baseball - $4687.50 per box (36 packs), $130.21 per pack. We need to take all 16 boxes.

1978 Baseball - $127.78 per rack, we need to take all 72 racks

1976 Football - $6666.67 per box (24 packs), $277.78 per pack. We need to take all 15 boxes.

1981 Football - $118.06 per rack. We need to take all 72 racks.

How much interest do we have? I need to get some idea of what we want to request be held for us so that Steve can have the chance to keep offering those items that we aren’t going to be able to fully consume.

Dave
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2018 11:35AM

I woukd take three ‘78 rack packs and one ‘76 football cello pack.

• Options
    1all1all Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

I noticed that they have 1981 Football Cello and Wax "boxes" for $750 each. That's a really good price per pack. If we can get the CU discount it would be even better. At $750 it's $31.25 per cello pack and $20.83 per wax pack.

• Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭

Why not the 1958 Football box @ $190000

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be in for two 81 FB racks if we get enough interest.

@1all 6-7 cellos sounds even better.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gaspipe26 said:
    Why not the 1958 Football box @ $190000

i'll take 1/1000 of a wrapper

TIA

• Options

I did see another seller with some real good boxes 75,75 76,77 for cheaper than BBCE all were BBCE wrappred. 80-81 Basketball too

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

What about a time share on this 1958 football box?

mint_only_pls
  • Options

Well between me and Galaxy we have 2/1000 of a wrapper sold

• Options

I almost pulled the trigger on the other sellers 74 wax box at $8K, Steve was at $9.5K

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

I'd love to get in on something, but it looks like the cases may be too rich for the blood. A box of '76 football is tempting, but I'm not sure I want to park $7K on a box of that right now.

I do like those 81 football pack lots as an alternative.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be in on 78 rack packs.

• Options
    sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Sorry for missing many of you today. Cleveland rocks with the exception of WiFi which is non existent in the convention center. I got zero reception so didn’t get to meet up for the group rip etc. I had no idea what was happening until the texts rolled in outside at the end of the day. Many stories to tell and nobody to tell. Lol. I actually did make quite a few new friends in the hobby which is a big plus. I roll out early tomorrow and plan to do a write up on the doings.

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

I would be in for some 78 racks or any combination of the 81 FB wax or cellos - nice stuff there.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options

I'd be in for a few 78 racks

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be in for a couple of 78 racks FASC. The 77 wax box FASC is oh so tempting, too...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I would be in for 1 81 FB rack and possibly 1 or 2 packs.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Can anyone post pics or give details on this other seller that had bbce boxes? Looking for 73 football and 75 regular baseball. I already know what the bbce booth has. Thx!

• Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

I would be in for one or two of the '78 racks.

Matt

• Options

Not getting the kind of volumes we need to get a break going. I’ll check with BBCE after the show and see what they have available for a group rip.

Dave
  • Options

Count me in

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time we did this - I got a really nice 78T rack with Dawson 2nd yr card on top!

Let me know what you decide Dave.

Mike
  • Options

Mike

Sorry I missed you this year. I was only able to get to the show Thursday. Saw a bunch of people, but asked everywhere for you and never found you.

I’ll call Steve this week and see what he has left.

Dave
  • Options

I won the 1973-74 Basketball vending box from the Collect Auction. Im going to crack it open when it arrives!!

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d be in for 3-5 packs of whatever is decided.

Steve

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2018 7:12AM

@70ToppsFanatic said:
    Mike

Sorry I missed you this year. I was only able to get to the show Thursday. Saw a bunch of people, but asked everywhere for you and never found you.

I’ll call Steve this week and see what he has left.

Me too Dave.

Sure hope we meet up if you're going to Chicago.

Here I go again - just got back from the National and I'm already looking to the next.

Mike
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@gaspipe26 said:
    I won the 1973-74 Basketball vending box from the Collect Auction. Im going to crack it open when it arrives!!

Hope you are going to post the results!

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Hi, i would be down for several packs/racks and I would think about a box if that is necessary.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am in for whatever, it's been awhile!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.