Home Sports Talk
Options

Sorry wrong forum

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 28, 2018 7:20AM in Sports Talk

Well, this was great....going to coin shows two weeks in a row! I got to the show about 9:30...I am always early as the show opens to the public at 10:00. So I had some time to visit my buddies from Springfield. At the opening bell I headed to Mike's (Morgandollar1878) table to see if he had any Washies for me. He didn't have anything I needed Quarter wise, but said he had a real nice Mercury and it was an RPM. So he went back to his stash and brought back a beautiful 1942-S PCGS65FB. The coin was a knockout and was in the old rattler holder with the frame around it. He thought it was the RPM-2, but when I got home and checked it with Variety Vista I determined it was RPM-1. This was fine because it was an upgrade to the raw AuBu that I had. This coin is now for sale. :) So I sold Mike some of my extra's and purchased the 42-s/s. We talked for a while then I headed to the far side of the room and started my table by table search. The first coin I found that I liked was a 1945-S PCGS65FB Mercury Dime that had an inverted S MM. So I bought that and continued my search. About this time it was getting close to 12:00 so I got a sandwich and a soda...these must have been Mint State 70 for what they cost! :o Moving on I came across a 1959 Washie PCGS66 that was and end roll toner. Beautiful obverse tone and a "Ricko" reverse. This is a coin that I had been watching on ebay, but was priced way to high for my comfort zone. I ended up getting it down to my level and bought the coin. The 1959 is actually hard to find if you don't want to settle for a plain jane white coin with scattered hits. I will have a pic of this coin later. After finishing walking the foor all that I found was a 1939-D PCGS65FB Mercury Dime that was an RPM-3. Nice coin, but I have that one in PCGS66FB, so I left it for someone else. I must have looked at at least 1,000 coins. I was tired and ready to go home.

Another great day of coin hunting and added 3 coins to my collection! :)

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate the Dallas Cowboys.

If one night the Dallas Cowboys stadium, if there was nobody in it, would get swallowed up into a giant sinkhole and never seen again, I would be very happy.

Just getting my smack warmed up for football season. ;)

• Options

Well all righty then....let the smacking begin! ;)

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW - Congrats on picking up some more nice coins.

Your taste in quality coins is impeccable...

...and it really pains me to say anything nice about a Cowboys fan. ;)

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never the wrong forum for nice coin pickups.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the pickups- nice to see people so enthusiastic about their hobby.
    I like coins and sportscards. Both are cool.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2018 5:41PM

I like toned silver coins, especially trimes. This one was in an ANACS AU55 holder and straight crossed to PCGS AU55.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

2c pieces, too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 …….. Nice coins!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

Thanks, DM.

• Options

@1970s said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Speaking of nice coins, what do you think of these new (2017) coins ?
    I can't decide if I want to start collecting them.

Nope...….I'm not into that kind of stuff.