Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2024 1:41AM

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was #2023 waiting for us to pass

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993

• Options

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

My brother lives in Southern California, but was in LA, or somewhere around it, yesterday and ate at this restaurant, has anybody been to this one?

It’s funny because his name is Richard but I’ve called him Richie all my life.

• Options

The world’s most famous cake, the Original Sacher-Torte, is the consequence of several lucky twists of fate. The first was in 1832, when the Austrian State Chancellor, Prince Klemens Wenzel von Metternich, tasked his kitchen staff with concocting an extraordinary dessert to impress his special guests. As fortune had it, the chef had fallen ill that evening, leaving the apprentice chef, the then-16-year-old Franz Sacher, to perform this culinary magic trick. Metternich’s parting words to the talented teenager: “I hope you won’t disgrace me tonight.”

Franz Sacher seized the moment and conjured up the confection of a lifetime, the chocolate cake that would go down in history as the ne plus ultra of desserts: the Original Sacher-Torte. Disgrace, in any case, was not on the menu that evening. The cake soon gained a cult following, and was deemed “presentable at court”. From then on, it was a favorite at the imperial court and soon went on to win the hearts (and palates) of the world.

Today's taste treat A Saccher-Torte inspirered cake complete with Austrian Apricot Jam filling:

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    My brother lives in Southern California, but was in LA, or somewhere around it, yesterday and ate at this restaurant, has anybody been to this one?

>

Never ate there. The locations are ~50-75 miles east and southeast of LA.

• Options

@skier07 said:

@asheland said:

>

Never ate there. The locations are ~50-75 miles east and southeast of LA.

Very cool! Until yesterday, I never knew they existed!

• Options

Expanding the seating at Wrigley Field

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:

So they loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverly, Hills that is.

• Options
    Jacques_LoungecoqueJacques_Loungecoque Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

About how many subs would travel with a fleet this big? I see at least two carriers and I was always under the belief that at least one, possibly two subs per carrier.

@JWP said:

The queen bee is the big mama in the blue area

I just recently read that bees navigate using the sun and remembered landmarks. Also, amongst other forms they communicate through how they wiggle their rear ends. Fascinating creatures they are.

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

• Options

Wishing all a memorable Memorial Day as we reflect upon the lives of those who gave so much to us in life and who continue to inspire us. This Sunday morning the offered lesson was from a talk by a former airlines pilot. He prefaced his remarks by making reference to Orville and Wilbur Wright's father's first airplane flight as he called out to his son, "Higher, higher." He continued, "I know something of what the Wrights felt. I too have 'slipped the surly bonds of Earth and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings.'"

The reference to that brief refrain brought back memories of hearing those same words on the late night TV sign offs that were once a part of the television experience back in the 1960s and 1970s. Each night one would see on the TV screen fighter jets in flight accompanied by a reading of the poem "HIgh Flight" before the night's programming would come to an end. Here first is a link to that "sign off."

It is followed by a link to a just created YouTube Playlist titled, "A Tribute to those who Serve and Have Served" that I have just assembled from a sequence of my own videos that I have just posted to my YouTube Channel for this Memorial Day. In the first two video clips I have attempted to replicate the jets seen flying in the archived "Sign Off."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx3WueJWlb4

A TRIBUTE TO THOSE WHO SERVE AND HAVE SERVED

In 1941 a World War II pilot penned a poem in a letter to his parents which has come to be known as "High Flight." The letter arrived a week after he was killed in action. In the closing line of that poem he wrote, "... I've trod the high untrespassed sanctity of space, put out my hand, and touched the face of God."

As a youth in the 60s and 70s I well recall on the late night television signing off sequence, hearing those words of that poem as it was read along with views of fighter jets veering into space.

This Playlist pays homage to that airman as representative of the many Veterans who have served their country. First are two clips of fighter jets in the skies followed by a bugle call playing Taps at a National Cemetery in Alaska. It concludes with a winter view of that cemetery as it is surrounded by the beauty of frosted trees and brightened by a crossed star of sunlight.

First Video in below linked Playlist:

After a Four Year absence, an Aerial Demonstration Team returned to perform in Alaska at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson. Watch as this quartet of United States Air Force Thunderbirds propel upward in formation into the Alaska Sky in their most recent return on July 31, 2022.

Second Video in below linked Playlist:

Returned to Alaska one of the USAF Flight Demonstration Team members pilots his F-16 Fighter Jet horizontally just over the heads of the gathered spectators attending the first, and most recent, Arctic Thunder Open House since 2018 held at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson in Alaska.

Third Video in below linked Playlist:

On an early January mid-winter day a World War II Veteran is remembered and honored at the Fort Richardson National Cemetery in Alaska. The Flag is lifted and the bugler plays Taps.

Fourth Video in below linked Playlist:

The final resting place for many who served their country (including my own father) and now established as a National Cemetery since 1984, Fort Richardson National Cemetery is viewed here in its winter serenity. As the camera pans the snow topped head stones a crossed star of light appears as if offering an expression of thanks for the service of those interred here. (Among others buried here is President Teddy Roosevelt's son Kermit who was a Major in the Army during World War II.)

And here is the link to the Playlist. Click on the hyperlink rather than the screen shot to see the full Playlist. Otherwise you will just see the first video in the Playlist.

• Options

• Options

This thread feels more like a legacy to me than a thread! I love to see the life in this thread. B)

• Options

@Twobitcollector said:
    My birthday cake the family had made for me.

This could have been your cake as well - A sibling's also 80th this month. Photo from Saturday's celebration.

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

Okonomiyaki from this weekend:

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

It has been 10 years since we returned from our first trip to Russia, but it has taken until now to post for the first time this YouTube Video Playlist Chronicling that venture.

RUSSIAN VIKING RIVER CRUISE ENTERTAINMENT FROM FOLK INSTRUMENT CONCERT TO MAGIC ON THE WATER

No one does it better than Viking River Cruises when it comes to seeing Europe from its waterways. In 2014 that still included river cruises between Moscow and St. Petersburg. Hopefully those cruises will return.

In the below linked YouTube Video Playlist join in to attend a Russian Youth Folk Instrument Concert in Moscow and then be entertained on the water.

The First Video in the Playlist:

Moscow youth joined together to perform for us a Folk Instrument Concert. In this video listen to the young musician play the Russian Autoharp. The date is in June of 2014 as we prepared to board a Viking River Boat for a connected canal, lake, and river journey from Moscow to St. Petersburg.

The Second Video in the Playlist:

Dating from as early as the late 1600s, the triangular-shaped Russian Balalaika is believed to have been inspired by ancient instruments of Asia. Here performing a solo with a youth orchestra on a Moscow stage is a young Russian. The date is June of 2014 and we are about to join a Viking River cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg.

The Third Video in the Playlist:

Join in the dining room fun aboard a Viking River Cruise Ship in Russia as the head waiter performs magic with water disappearing from stacked cups

The entertainment was provided on a sailing from Moscow to St. Petersburg in June of 2014.

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2024 11:03PM

Ringo Starr

Playing with UV\IR

Seen recently in Huntington Beach, CA

Playing with AI backgrounds

AI Graffitti Garage

And Mrs_Spud with Dalek, with AI chairs and wall/room

Mr_Spud

• Options