Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:

I've seen speed bumps that car wouldn't get over, :o

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@JWP said:

I've seen speed bumps that car wouldn't get over, :o

It kinda looks like it's stuck on the sidewalk there too.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

BATF

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

• Options
    edited April 5, 2023 9:52AM

I get sleepy just looking at these photos

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:

That's a great movie!

• Options
    edited April 5, 2023 12:59PM

• Options

• Options
    edited April 5, 2023 1:22PM

These guys were funny when I watched them as a kid and I still like watching their funny stuff every Saturday.🤣😅😂

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    My car this morning. :/
    I'm giving up on spring and going to put the Christmas tree back up.

Crazy!

• Options

• Options

One of the longest production runs of any vehicle- The Mercedes G-Wagon which was first manufactured in 1979 in Graz Austria.

Here pictured is one I photographed yesterday, some four decades after I photographed the first one to arrive in the United States. Both were white and despite the passage of time, the new one has retained the same body style.

It would be some ten years after I chanced upon the first G-Wagon in the U.S. that the Gelandewagon would be officially imported into the United States by Mercedes.

The one I photographed back in circa 1979 had been brought to Alaska for use by Mercedes executives coming to Alaska for a hunting trip. Needless to say it did not remain in the U.S. When I chanced upon it, it was located in a fenced off area at the local Mercedes dealer awaiting the arrival of the hunters from Germany.

In the decade that followed several hundred were unofficially "imported" into the U.S. as modified Grey-Market vehicles. (FWIW I even had a chance to purchase the one that was used by Neiman-Marcus for their annual Christmas catalog promotion which was a two door bright red model. I even went so far as to travel to California to meet with the seller at his Rodeo Drive retail store. Considering the $160,000 and up market price today for a G-Wagon I probably should have taken advantage of the then bargain offer - but who then expected the G-Wagon would still be with us almost unchanged some 40 plus years later.)

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:

One of the longest production runs of any vehicle- The Mercedes G-Wagon which was first manufactured in 1979 in Graz Austria.

Here pictured is one I photographed yesterday, some four decades after I photographed the first one to arrive in the United States. Both were white and despite the passage of time, the new one has retained the same body style.

It would be some ten years after I chanced upon the first G-Wagon in the U.S. that the Gelandewagon would be officially imported into the United States by Mercedes.

The one I photographed back in circa 1979 had been brought to Alaska for use by Mercedes executives coming to Alaska for a hunting trip. Needless to say it did not remain in the U.S. When I chanced upon it, it was located in a fenced off area at the local Mercedes dealer awaiting the arrival of the hunters from Germany.

In the decade that followed several hundred were unofficially "imported" into the U.S. as modified Grey-Market vehicles. (FWIW I even had a chance to purchase the one that was used by Neiman-Marcus for their annual Christmas catalog promotion which was a two door bright red model. I even went so far as to travel to California to meet with the seller at his Rodeo Drive retail store. Considering the $160,000 and up market price today for a G-Wagon I probably should have taken advantage of the then bargain offer - but who then expected the G-Wagon would still be with us almost unchanged some 40 plus years later.)

I had a brand new 1974 Mercedes. It was the biggest piece of junk ever made. It was in the shop every other Monday. Seriously! I traded it for a 1976 Chevy Monte Carlo. The Chevy was the best car I ever owned.

• Options

The new power grid - 2030

• Options

• Options

Visiting the Dentist in the 1800's

• Options

• Options

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

• Options

Ted (2012)
    While many of Boston’s movies are crime-filled dramas, or based on tragic real-life events, Ted takes a raunchy departure. This comedy follows John Bennett (Mark Wahlberg), whose childhood wish of his teddy bear (voiced by Seth MacFarlane) coming to life comes true. He must now decide between his relationship with Ted and his relationship with his girlfriend, Lori (Mila Kunis). The movie is filmed around Boston, with Lori’s and John’s apartment on Chandler Street, and a restaurant scene filmed at Sorellina.

• Options
    edited April 6, 2023 11:23AM

The Town (2010)
    An iconic Boston film, The Town concerns Doug MacRay (Ben Affleck), who leads a group of bank robbers from Charlestown. They live with no attachment until MacRay falls in love with a woman (Rebecca Hall) taken hostage during a holdup by fellow robber James Coughlin (Jeremy Renner). The film ends with an unforgettable heist at Fenway Park, America’s oldest MLB ballpark.

• Options

• Options
    edited April 7, 2023 4:57AM

• Options
    edited April 7, 2023 4:47AM

• Options