Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

For Sale 1815/2 Capped Bust Half Dollar PCGS VF35

RedStickMikeRedStickMike Posts: 4
edited July 27, 2018 12:23PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I tried to delete this post but I cannot see how to remove it. The coin is for sale, but I'm not willing to give it away.

Comments

• robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pics ??? Price ???

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last two sold at Heritage in this grade averaged $5100. So, are you unwilling to "give it away" or just unwilling to accept a realistic price?

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

What was the OP originally asking for his coin? With a post count of only 4, I wouldn't have bought it at any price unless he agreed to ship it to me first with payment sent after receipt of the coin.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

@RedStickMike I don't know if you can delete your post but you can click the Gear icon at the top of your thread and Edit, even the title, to something else like Ignore or Delete. And of course you can edit the body copy as well. Sounds like you have had second thoughts. Or something.

If you do want to sell it, pictures are essential and a price is an excellent idea. Good luck.

Kind regards,

George

• KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2018 11:07AM

I seem to recall the op paid $5K for the coin & he quoted current sp of ~$6K. And he was asking something >$5K for the coin, but was not specific.

The op is welcome to correct me if I’m wrong. :)

• astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the B/S/T!

First ... no, you cannot delete a post. Only the mods can delete posts.

Second ... a nice, original 1815/2 in PCGS-35 is appropriately priced in the $5-6K range. If it has a CAC sticker (or is worthy of one), you should have no trouble selling it in that range. Some PCGS and NGC certified 1815/2 halves are worthy of 'genuine' holders and seem to be given a pass because of the coin's great popularity. In other words, without images it's hard to tell if you have a $6K beauty or a $4K albatross.

Third ... as PerryHall stated, you will not get much trust on this board with such a low post count with all the recent scams attempted by newbies.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces

@RedStickMike seems to have taken his toy and gone home.

Kind regards,

George

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@giorgio11 said:

Kind regards,

George

Yup. With a post count of 4 it's doubtful anyone would buy such an expensive coin assuming he even owns it.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2018 1:12PM

@PerryHall said:I

@giorgio11 said:

Kind regards,

George

Yup. With a post count of 4 it's doubtful anyone would buy such an expensive coin assuming he even owns it.

Some people are lookie loos both selling & buying, some are just testing the water w/no intention of selling, some are scammers, some post coins for sale that they don’t own, etc.
    You may post the etc below.