Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Undervalued cards

I got these in today. Should they have more value? A HOF pitcher.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

Comments

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Problem is there is a bazillion of each.

• Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

90% of my cards might be under valued. :D

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's correct. They would be worth more had there not been 10 billion made. Try to go after a tiffany version in high grade. The print run on those was 30,000. A bit more limited

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    That's correct. They would be worth more had there not been 10 billion made. Try to go after a tiffany version in high grade. The print run on those was 30,000. A bit more limited

I am not quite sure if you are being sarcastic or not in your post, but your response is coming across as petty and unprofessional.

• Options

Are they regular issue or Tiffany & Glossy?

I only buy Tiffany & Glossy because the others are just too common, I only buy 9’s or 10’s in Tiffany & Glossy as well.

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are the regular cards. I don't guess the Topps Tiffany or Fleer Glossy would be very expensive.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭

Back in the late 80's, when a new HOFamer was announced, his 60's rookie card would skyrocket from about $60-80 Beckett value to $200 Beckett value. I remember Rollie Fingers and Jim Palmer doing that. Today, it's mind blowing to see that you can pick up most HOF rookies from the late 80's for a buck or less.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2018 9:20AM

@maddux69 said:

@craig44 said:

I am not quite sure if you are being sarcastic or not in your post, but your response is coming across as petty and unprofessional.

Am I missing something?

Markj says there is a bazillion of each. Craig follows up with correct and makes a recommendation to buy the more limited print run options.

No clue how this hurt your feelings.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dpeck100 said:

@maddux69 said:

@craig44 said:

Am I missing something?

Markj says there is a bazillion of each. Craig follows up with correct and makes a recommendation to buy the more limited print run options.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12043364/#Comment_12043364

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

"I am not quite sure if you are being sarcastic or not in your post, but your response is coming across as petty and unprofessional.<"-- post dripping with sarcasm!!

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@Dpeck100 said:

@maddux69 said:

@craig44 said:

Am I missing something?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12043364/#Comment_12043364

Gotcha. Interesting read there. I missed that exchange.

• Options
    pheldaphelda Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

The minor league issues are great, buy them already graded, tons of good looking fakes. 1987 Donruss and Leaf are decent, but as others have mentioned the print run is huge. The Fleer regular and glossy version are super plentiful. I have seen pallets of these sets.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:

@craig44 said:

No, totally serious. They are still printing both 87 and 88 topp s in an underground bunker near groom lake in New Mexico.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.