Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Blown TPG Call - 1858/9 Shilling

I apologies for the poor photography off of my iPhone.

This coin submitted to "P" and designated by me on submission as an [obvious] overdate. They also graded it "53"! Yikes, I know poor photography and my coin but really that is ridiculous. Admittedly better in hand ATS they designated it correctly and graded it "58".

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
Well, just Love coins, period.

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

In other words, P designated it as no overdate even though submitted as such...

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2018 8:32AM

Not clear where it now resides -- "P" or "N" -- BUT if you went from "N" --> "P" this would beg the question, why the hell would someone waste your money to send it to "P" in the first place? Then complain when "P" doesn't put it in plastic saying the exact thing that "N" had already declared?

Bizarre...

:confused:

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, not bizarre. P is where it went first and where they missed the call entirely in both grade and designation. I respect them and have many coins in P holders. I wanted it slabbed, and correctly so and voila to N it went.