Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Adding Pictures to set registry

beach64beach64 Posts: 218 ✭✭

Is there any reason why people dont add pictures to their set registry other than the obvious of not taking the time to do it? Any privacy issues?

Comments

• GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

Why bother unless its an obscure issue? I have some cool, even iconic cards, but mostly midgrade. its not like you couldnt close your eyes and picture them without me uploading scans.

And yes, some privacy issues as you'll see some folks black out cert #s on this site

• prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

I've had a lot of folks mention that they like looking at my sets and thank me for posting the front and back scans. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2018 7:34PM

I like to scan. See my signature. :)

Fronts and backs are a must. Heck I would even consider the edges. Ha!

It does take time, but when you have the process down it is not too bad, just a few minutes for each card.

I scan so I and others can more easily see my collection. It does not do any good sitting locked away.

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

The reason scans are important to me is they let me see the actual quality of the set. A lot of the highest graded sets are really flip collectons.

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2018 8:36AM

I scan in my cards to my best sets and leave the rest blank. It would just take up too much time. I personally think it is great when scans are provided but I understand on larger sets how one might not have an interest. When you start thinking about the time and effort to scan and upload 660 cards or 792 it would get daunting.

I think there are some who like to keep their cards hidden so that other registry participants don't know what cards they need. Others that have no interest in collectors picking apart their cards and saying that doesn't deserve a 10 etc. Some don't own a scanner and others who just don't care enough to put in the time. It is a personal choice. I am proud of my sets and enjoy having the scans up for others to see if they wish and for me to show someone if collecting comes up. No right or wrong way in my book.