Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Kennedy Half Dollar Basic Set

I am wondering why PCGS allows SP graded (satin finish) coins in the Basic Set. The SP coins from 1965, 1966 and 1967 are not allowed.. A problem arises using these satin finish coins in this set.. I have several coins of the same date as the satins that are MS top pops, but when I put them in my registry set in place of a satin coin, my set rating goes down even though some of the coins are valued at 20 times as much as the satin coin. I also do not receive the extra point for a top pop coin I imagine because some of the satins are graded higher. . All SP coins should be eliminated from the basic set and put into their own separate variety sets or type sets (including the 2014 silver and enhanced and the special 2017 coins) or whatever. This registry set is a mess with all the different type coins allowed in it.

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

There have been countless threads on this very topic on these boards since 2005/2006 when the Satin Finish coins came out. Do a search and you will have hours of reading entertainment beyond your wildest dreams.

Later, Paul.