Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Canadian One cent 1956 uncirculated . around a MS 66 , is my guess?

I know the pics aren't the best... will provide more. Just trying to get a idea of some potential buyers if anyone knows anyone who would be interested? From what I have found , they are averaging $324 US dollars each ... Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

There's no way to tell from the photos and, even then, hard to tell above 64 from a computer screen. A 65 red Trends at $70 Canadian or less than $50 US. It is an extremely common coin and you might be able to sell it for $20 or so, but they would have to see it in-hand. And whatever you do, ALWAYS crimp your staples down when using 2 x 2's. A staple scratch from normal handling will make a 65red a "details only" coin.

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

No disrespects, but from that picture I'd be confident to say it's an ef40 to an ms67.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    SeanBSeanB Posts: 80

thanks. I also believe I have both SF and non SF of the 1953 and 1955. I would love a more experienced persons eye? if you dont mind?

• Options
    SeanBSeanB Posts: 80

@DoubleEagle59 said:
    No disrespects, but from that picture I'd be confident to say it's an ef40 to an ms67.

I will post better pics

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

Moderns such as that assume high valuations only after they have been slabbed by a major grading service such as PCGS. In addition, you have to be able to locate someone dumb enough to actually pay the big premium for a high grade common date coin. The coin, while raw, is probably worth very little.

I have no idea what your coin would grade as the photos are useless.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

") I have more but couldn't get pics yet. Will post more when I can

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

The best thing you can do is to mix fifty of these into the mix the next time you take ten dollars in pennies to the Coinstar machine.

Not to the bank, but to the Coinstar machine.

Really.

• Options

@BillDugan1959 said:
    The best thing you can do is to mix fifty of these into the mix the next time you take ten dollars in pennies to the Coinstar machine.

Really.

Haha. Well tried and coinstar doesn't accept them and doesn't recognize them as pennies.

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was a quick trip!

• Options

@BillDugan1959 said:

Really.

But really , please elaborate as to what that means and why? I know ur insinuating they are worthless but educate me and tell me why please

• Options

@BillDugan1959 said:
    That was a quick trip!

Before .... Not today

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

You have 15 other 1956's in the album sheet .... all shiny or semishiny. What makes you think that it's a 66? Are you up on the proper grading of coins? There were 78 million minted and very little call for something unless spectacular. I would seriously doubt that something in a cardboard 2X2 is anything more than a 63-64, if that. For any help, you need a high resolution photo of both sides taken straight perpendicular to the coin. It's certainly not worth having it certified.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

it will cost you $ 12 and more, up to a lot more each for grading.
    grading will be more expensive than the coin. As Syl said.... 78 ,000,000 minted should tell you that you need to have the absolute top 100 out of them to be worth any money.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life