Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How to cut these sheets of cards? Only one card currently on pop report

These are on the boxes of 12 packs of Coca Cola, Sprite, Tab, etc but they never seem to appear on ebay or anywhere. The front do not have lines between the cards but the backs do. If you cut to the lines on the back then you may have excess color from the type of box you cut it from.....for example you will have red for coca-cola and green for sprite etc. Any ideas on what may be possible for a numerical grade instead of a flat authentic? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭
    edited July 21, 2018 11:35AM

I am not an expert on hand cut cards from panels, but my guess is you will never be able to get a numerical grade on these. Typically you would need, as you mentioned, the dashes on the front. Plus the cards you are showing are jammed so close together with no space in between. They basically share the same vertical borders.

My only other suggestion would be to call PSA directly and get their take. Also, I'm not so sure that the first person who gives you an answer on this will necessarily give you the correct answer. :) Good luck!

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

How many are on a complete panel? You could submit that.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Here's an example of a perforated card without a border, receiving a numerical grade.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/xOoAAOSw0GNbCO77/s-l1600.jpg

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

There are 4 to a panel. I'm fine with making a choice if two cards sharing one line on the back if it made a difference to get a numerical grade and the other authentic.

Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unbelievable grade on that Aaron, no "dots" on left border and poorly cut as well!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

In case anyone is interested, here is an article from SCD that discusses the coke panels:

sportscollectorsdigest.com/greatest-olympians-card-set/

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the link and the nice read on these...... I also was able to buy a case of these rack packs many years ago and found some of the cards to have blank backs......