Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

GORGEOUS TONED 1888 Liberty Nickel PCGS MS65 CAC, and 1820 Capped Bust Half PCGS AU50

drddmdrddm Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 5, 2018 3:54PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

1888 Liberty Nickel PCGS MS65 CAC....ON HOLD

I sold my entire MS Liberty Nickel set not long ago and this is the ONLY coin I kept from that set, but it’s now time to part with it. It has absolutely gorgeous toning (RARELY seen on Liberty Nickels) on both the obv and rev consisting of gold, light sea green, and fuchsia pink, excellent luster, minimal marks, and a full strike, including all obv stars and the left ear of corn on the rev, all deserving of the grade IMO.
It also happens to be the DDO Variety FS-101 (not noted on the holder) for the Liberty Nickel die variety collectors out there. The last 1888 PCGS 65 DDO FS-101 sold on Heritage earlier this year for $1320, however it didn’t have this type of toning nor was it stickered by CAC.

Asking ON HOLD (or BEST OFFER), delivered.
Personal check (preferred), Money Order, or PayPal (friends and family, or add 3% for regular PayPal).

Any questions, please PM me.

1820 Capped Bust Half, Square 2, Large Date, Knob 2, O-105, PCGS AU50

This 1820 has very good luster for the grade, nice golden gray color throughout both obv and rev with some subtle blue color along the right lower stars. It has a good strike, and a few marks but nothing distracting in my opinion, especially with it in hand.
1820 is a tough date in AU or better in the capped bust half series, as is the Knob 2 variety.
Housed in an older PCGS style holder which is slightly scuffed up. (Mark from star 4 on the left across chin to hair is on the holder and not the coin).

Asking $900 (or BEST OFFER), delivered.
Personal check, Money Order, or PayPal (friends and family or add 3% for regular PayPal).

Any questions, please PM me.

Dave

Comments