Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I did the unthinkable yesterday. (Yes that!)

I don't know if it was the 102 degree heat pounding on me all afternoon or that $25 eBay promo that pushed me over the edge.

I bought a card from Dean's sportscards. :D I never thought I'd buy any of their cards, and yeah it was just a bit over priced lol. I can't wait to get it in hand.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim

Comments

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking card. The centering is off the charts so worthy of the extra bucks in my opinion. Congrats.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, if you're going to do it, that's a pretty good reason to right there. An all-time-great rookie and outstanding centering in a set where you simply never find centering like that ever. I'm actually kinda danged I didn't see it. That's one sweet Pettit rookie!

Arthur

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    edited July 18, 2018 6:48PM

As someone who grew up in St Louis in the 50s and 60s I saw him play in person several times. Still my favorite B.B. guy. But the only Pettit card I have is the 61 Fleer, my only B.B. set

Great Card, Tim

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    LargentcollectorLargentcollector Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the kind words guys, I think only a handful of centered Pettit RC's pop up in a year that's why I jumped on it. It also dosen't have a ton of PD either. I'll make a proper scan when it gets in and post it up.

Tim
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

I’ve been introduced to him. He frequently plays bridge in the New Orleans area with a friend of mine. He occasionally goes to tournaments.

• Options
    LargentcollectorLargentcollector Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

I finally have the Pettit RC in hand now. They sent me this BGS 3 impostor first lol. Monday I called their CS number and they were really friendly and helpful, and gave $4 to ship their card back to them. I'm really happy with the card it looks great and has nice gloss to it. A nice addition to my vintage PC.

Tim
  • Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy crap. Put that in a museum.

Andy

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2018 7:50AM

Well honestly I will never buy from DEANS CARDS... not because of any animosity but because ther prices are so ridicules I’ve blocked them from all my ebay searches.

That’s right Dean!... you could list a 52 Mantle for $100 and I would never see it.

I’m sure hundreds of collectors have done the same thing.

• Options
    waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

I wonder how many items Dean actually sells each year. A quick search this evening shows that he has 543,000 items for sale but only 26,000 feedback. If he lowered his prices from 5x VCP to 2x VCP, he might actually move some of his inventory.

Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • Options
    ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

I don't know what you paid, but Dean's bought it from Probstein in June For $62 + $4 Shipping.

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

beauty

congrats!

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started