Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

IMGUR Images

BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

I apparently and unknowingly deleted an album from my Imgur. The images remain. Anyone know how [if possible] to recover the album or transfer the images into a new album?

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Contact imgur customer service. If it was an entire album, they may be able to recover it for you. Good luck!

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not familiar with "Imgur" (em - gurr ?) is that another form of Indian butter, like ghee or possibly middle eastern smen?

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 18, 2018 1:01PM

Imgur is a hilarious website with lots of memes, jokes, etc. Some news, some travel stuff, some job/work stuff, restoring old cars, restoring old houses, and much other misc. The submissions have commentary from the viewers that sometimes is better than the original submissions.

Imgur Users submit their stuff/contributions on a lower level, and if it is popular enough, it gets promoted to the main (or top) viewing level.

I suppose the bulk of users are in their 20s and 30s, but Imgur is still relatable for me.

Imgur users like to see hydraulic presses smashing stuff.

Imgur users like to see vehicle wrecks as filmed by dash cams or other public cameras. They love to see the idiots who cause the wrecks out of stupidity and/ or being incredibly dense.

Imgur has a worldwide following. Imgur is a California-based company.

• Options

@Hallco said:
    Contact imgur customer service. If it was an entire album, they may be able to recover it for you. Good luck!

The images are still on there. I can create another album, but looking for a quick way to get the images back into the new album without downloading and re-uploading them.

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Bill. I didn't want to search it for fear of getting clarified butter coming out of the computer's cup holder. ;)

• Options

@RogerB said:
    Thanks, Bill. I didn't want to search it for fear of getting clarified butter coming out of the computer's cup holder. ;)

I use it primarily as an image hosting site.

• Options

@Hallco said:

I'm afeerd the album is gone. Download and re-upload is the fix.

• Options
    TLeverageTLeverage Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

The images are still on there. I can create another album, but looking for a quick way to get the images back into the new album without downloading and re-uploading them.

If the images are still uploaded in your 'Images', you can create a new album without re-uploading anything. Just go to the 'Albums' tab, and select 'New Album' from the top of the page. From there, you will be prompted to select images from your gallery (previously uploaded images) in order to create this album, and they will be placed in the order that you select them, though this can be edited later. Hopefully this helps, let me know if I didn't understand completely.

• Options
    edited July 18, 2018 5:42PM

@TLeverage said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

If the images are still uploaded in your 'Images', you can create a new album without re-uploading anything. Just go to the 'Albums' tab, and select 'New Album' from the top of the page. From there, you will be prompted to select images from your gallery (previously uploaded images) in order to create this album, and they will be placed in the order that you select them, though this can be edited later. Hopefully this helps, let me know if I didn't understand completely.

Perfect. THANK YOU. Even IMGUR customer service didn't offer that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file