Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

QUESTION PLEASE / Topps Heritage Hanger Box Target

branclbrancl Posts: 2

Found some Topps Hertiage hanger boxes at the local target. Been checking this target for almost three months and finally got my hands on five hanger boxes.
Say "Autographs and Relics" on the box / not one in any of them (35 cards each).
Box also DID NOT say "target exclusive". What is the difference, where have I gone wrong in the retail realm.
*New to retail have mostly gone hobby where I should probably stay.
Thanks guys
-C

Comments

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are hit an miss as are the ones at Walmart. Not guaranteed an auto or relic in them but you would think you would get at least one in 5 boxes. The "Target exclusive" has, I believe, the camo cards in them. Someone else please correct me if I'm wrong.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2018 5:32PM

@brancl said:
    Found some Topps Hertiage hanger boxes at the local target. Been checking this target for almost three months and finally got my hands on five hanger boxes.
    Say "Autographs and Relics" on the box / not one in any of them (35 cards each).
    Box also DID NOT say "target exclusive". What is the difference, where have I gone wrong in the retail realm.
    *New to retail have mostly gone hobby where I should probably stay.
    Thanks guys
    -C

edit: where's my manners...

First - Welcome! What's your first name?

Next, I believe, the "hanger" packs may "not" be Target exclusive.

Here's the "Target exclusive"

They came in "marked" Target Exclusive "blaster" or 7 + 1 bonus pack boxes.

The Walmart ran the '69 stickers while Target were called '69 Collector Cards (CC).

If you look on the side of the package - you should see the "odds" of pulling an auto.

E.g. "Real one" autos - which I believe are in blue pen and not numbered - odds are 1 in 375 packs.

I don't have any Target blasters left but here's what's on the Walmart:

Mike
  • Options
    DodgerfanjohnDodgerfanjohn Posts: 489 ✭✭✭

Hi OP,

This site lists many of the odds:

http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2018_Topps_Heritage

Five $10 hangers is not much at all. I’ll note that much of the heritage value is in stuff other than the “hits”. In fact, the basic relics unless you hit something like trout or judge, are less than $5.

Anyway note that the odds for a basic relic out of a hanger pack are 1:25 and it only gets worse for better relics or autos.

Frankly, I wouldn’t ever buy Heritage if I didn’t collect the cards. It’s not a hit based product.

• Options

Guys, thanks for all your replies!
    Names Chris, I am sure I will speaking with most of you over the next years. Just need to make it through the dealings of medical school!
    @Stone193 @Dodgerfanjohn @PROMETHIUS88

Also if you are ever having a bad day, when I first started collecting (under 17) I sold a Jose Altuve Blue Refractor Bowman Chrome 2010 Rookie for 32$. Now on ebay PSA graded 8/9/10 +1000$. Could have helped with my loans :neutral
    Nice to have a forum to express that story considering none of my friends have any idea what I am talking about...hahahahah

-Chris