Home Q & A Forum
Options

1827 large cent

Hey there guys. I was wondering if I bought this for the right price. Got it for 20 bucks. What’s its value at this condition?

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone needs to get a redbook. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Lol... no I’m sure that people on the internet could help. That’s why I posted here. This place is way too slow though. I think I’ll find a place with a bit more activity.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is $20 - $30 retail. Possibly worth $8 - $12 to a dealer but most would not wish to tie up money on just one coin as this because it is too beat up. If I had a coin shop and this was the only coin you had to sell, I would tell you its actual retail value **rather than my uninformed guess here ** and say I don't want it but if you insisted I would offer $8 and advise you that you probably could get more someplace else. :)

• Options

Thanks insider. I actually got this from a guy who needed the money and was helping him out with the exchange of the coin. I think I got a war nickel too, but owell lol. I just wanted to sell it and see what a fair price would be. But since it’s not worth much I’ll keep her. Maybe when I’m your age it will be a little more haha

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018 2:14PM

Don't thank me yet! Looks like the coin actually retails $40 -$80. A dealer may go to at least $15. I'm still the $8 cheapskate.