Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Modern Mexican

I'm interested in communicating with collectors of modern Mexican coins.

Comments

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Join the Mexican Numismatic Society. They are probably on the Internet.

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you consider to be modern Mexican coinage? I suspect there could be collectors here that may view modern Mexican coinage in the same light that you do.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

USMEX.org to joins the US Mexican Association. SONUMEX has nearly no on line presence.

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinkat said:
    What do you consider to be modern Mexican coinage? I suspect there could be collectors here that may view modern Mexican coinage in the same light that you do.

Modern Mexico is considered 1905-present (basically from the coinage reform to now).

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Abuelo said:
    USMEX.org to joins the US Mexican Association. SONUMEX has nearly no on line presence.

Sociedad Numismatica de Mexico will not help you much unless 1) you read Spanish and 2) are in Mexico City.

Their bulletin used to be bilingual, but no longer.

USMEX is good but you really need like-minded collectors to talk to. I know there is at least one Facebook group, but it’s in Spanish. Maybe start an English one?

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pruebas... Thanks for your response. 1905 to the present has always been my view. I have not always been convinced collectors agree so it never hurts to ask so any dialog begins from the same point of reference.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.