HA win showed up, listed as Ch CU - do you see what I see?

I've requested a return, but in the mean time let's have some fun as somebody has made it difficult to see.
What can you find on this note that would make you want to return it?

https://currency.ha.com/itm/small-size/low-serial-number-65-fr-1607-1-1935-silver-certificate-crisp-uncirculated/a/141825-83144.s

Comments

• synchrsynchr Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Lower right face ...

• mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

It's wrinkled. Idk if I'd return it for that though.

In the margin

• Are they closed up pinholes?

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG !!! :s

Timbuk3

@redsealusn said:
    Are they closed up pinholes?

You meant staple holes and you were right. I saw them in the first 5 secs of viewing and it reminded me why I don't buy raw notes

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭

:(

• boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

You are right, those are not easy to see on the HA scan. They are there, but so faint as could be easily over looked.

Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN

UPDATE: I've been out of the country and did not post that Heritage did a VERY nice thing - an upstanding follow up, apology and then sent me a Fed-Exed pre-paid mailer. I couldn't be more impressed at this point but then again I have not returned a note for over a decade.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the return, you have a keen eye :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN,

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

@1630Boston said:
    Congrats on the return, you have a keen eye :smile:

Thanks, 10+ years ago, I shared photos and wrote posts here describing how to usu lighting angles to allow you to quickly see surface imperfections. School of hard knocks, let's not get into examples, but a quick flash of light parallel to the surface revealed this. photos were kinda taken that way too