Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS Registry Awards 2018

goldengolden Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Friday is the deadline for the 2018 Registry Awards. Are you worried about being knocked out of 1st place at the last minute? I think that one guy is sandbagging and will knock me out at the end.

Comments

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

ouch that would be playing dirty

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure in the most competitive series, there are collectors that are holding back to post their additions and upgrades at the last minute. That might be risky...what if the increased traffic crashes the set registry pages, and they can't upload them??

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a couple of coins I will be adding very soon that are either in the mail, waiting for someone to release from their registry set or still waiting for PCGS to grade. The good news is that none of them will put me in a top spot so everyone can relax.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options

Well, I held on to #1 on the set that I was worried about.

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I do not have a number one set, I sold coins that are now in 4 of the number 1 sets.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

Got my #1 position back for my British Elizabeth II 2 Pounds Silver Britannia Date Set, Circulation Strikes set. Wooo hoooo! It was one of the best British sets 3 years running. It's kinda of a shame that regular collectors like myself and many of you out there have to compete with professional coin companys that have more assets and time that we will ever have.

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options

Best of wishes to all of the collectors - and I'm certain this years awards will bring some lovely sets - all of which I look forward to viewing.

• Options
    JeffMTampaJeffMTampa Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know when PCGS will the 2018 Awards? I thought it was supposed to be the end of July (2018)?

I love them Barber Halves.....
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Lord man, it's only been 7 hours and 52 minutes since the end of July! Kinda impatient? What are you expecting to win?

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Announcement has been made.

My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to all the set builder's receiving awards this year, (primarily the 4 top sets that have coins I provided this year)

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options

Congrats to all 2018 winners.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to all !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options

I was top in the same number of sets as last year.