Home Q & A Forum
Options

$5 and $10 rare coin advice

Be gentle and kind please as I am a total noob and not a collector. I have asked for advice about 2 coins that we (hubs and I) inherited and I want to double check the advice with another group.

It was recommended to contact Heritage Auctions and to have CAC look at them. And that HA may be willing to negotiate their fee to sell them. I’m wanting to know if HA is the place to contact or should we contact someone else or multiple places? I agree with the advice that we received that eBay is a no-no. Hopefully the photos will upload.

And I have one question: the smaller coin reverse is off centered. Is that common?

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2018 12:15PM

Fantastic coins.

I strongly suggest you re-post this in the U.S. Coins forum - you will get a ton more attention and advice there. There are some real experts on these early gold coins over there.

As for the "off-center" - I think you mean "rotated"? Not an unusual event on these early coins, I think.

The other advice so far does not sound unreasonable. There may be other advise or perspectives people will offer.

• Options
    CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coins.

• Options

Will post where recommended