Home Q & A Forum
Options

medals, coins, what are they?

hello

i have been trying to find out what these objects are, they are all one sided and it has baffled me and everyone i have shown them to! Through a bit of research online I believe they are exposition medals, i have found similar two sided examples.

any help on what exactly i have here would be greatly appreciated

kind regards

George

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very Neat. Possibly one side of electrotype copies. Go to google and type in the words on a side, go to images, and you may be able to ID some of them.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

There must be info on each jetton that is researchable. Dates, symbols, I agez, phrases. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

interesting.
    However, your images do not show enough details for us to read and see whats on the items.
    can u please post close ups?

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options

Hello

thank you very much for your replies and infomation, ill just give an example of one of the medals and a clearer picture, i have realized in some cases i have the back and front of the medals - for example after researching the 'Exposition nationale suisse medal from Geneve 1896' i found online the same medal with a reverse side, however for some reason the reverse side on my medal in separate, it reads 'the neuchatel asphalte company limited'

kind regards

George

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting.

One guess might be die trials or medals made for display, but yours seems to be issued/awarded. Maybe the recipient had it cut in half so they could display both sides at once? If you had a original/two-sided medal you could see if yours are half thickness or weight.

Are they all awarded to the same company?

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I seeing Asphalte Company Limited and Exhibition Nationale Suisse, so maybe an award for a technical accomplishment? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

mostly different companies with most relating to asphalte. Yes i am thinking they were perhaps made to display each side, if you look closely on the last photo there are a couple of circular areas where they were perhaps glued to something. but i dont think they have been cut in half, i would have thought the backs would maybe match up but they dont seem to at all.

regards

George