Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTB - 1946, 1947, 1953 Henning Nickels (and/or need high quality photos of these for publication)

KoinickerKoinicker Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
edited June 24, 2018 9:35AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

All,

I am working on completing a publication on counterfeit nickels. I am in need of photo's, preferably high-quality, of the 1946, 1947 and 1953 Henning nickels; full photo and ownership credits will be provided in this publication. I am also willing to pay the cost of these high-quality images if available images do not immediately meet my quality standards.

I am also willing, and interested in purchasing these three dates outright if they are available for sale. Please let me know if you have any for sale, or if you know who may have some that they would sell, and what your asking price is.

Please PM me to discuss this further.

Thanks,
Zack

Comments

• Options

TTT

• Options

Still looking :smile:

• Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

Knowing Steve Hayden recently sold a few of these on eBay, I just ran a quick search there. Of about a dozen sold there over the past couple of months, they were ALL 1944s -- so, the dates you're seeking photos of must be pretty scarce.

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options

EXOJUNKIE - yes, they are the scarcer dates made/struck by Henning. I have a running search for Henning nickels on eBay, and other than doing an individual search for this date and maybe happening upon a seller who doesn't realize what they are selling is a Henning nickel, these dates don't come up on the market (at least openly) with any regularity.

• Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Koinicker said:
    EXOJUNKIE - yes, they are the scarcer dates made/struck by Henning. I have a running search for Henning nickels on eBay, and other than doing an individual search for this date and maybe happening upon a seller who doesn't realize what they are selling is a Henning nickel, these dates don't come up on the market (at least openly) with any regularity.

Interesting. Appreciate the response. :)

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options

Bump! The ANA has found one of the dates in their inventory, but I will keep this open and not disclose that info yet.

• Options

Somebody on these boards must own one or know someone who does. Again, help appreciated, and I will add you as credits in my project. Thanks!