Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCEx Rip at the National

Hi everyone

Have been talking with a few and I have a proposal for our annual rip.

I talked with Rick @ BBCEx and he's gonna see if they can get a 93T Finest - thought that would be a cool item to rip.

What I propose so far:

We'll do an 83T "Michigan" rip FASC.

Stone's contribution: anyone who buys a pack will also get an 85T pack "on me."

I'm retired. I'm happy. This is my way of saying thanx to everyone!

Let's get together on the day/time - my recollection is that we usually do this on a Thurs/PM?

If no on "Finest" - if anyone has an idea for something else - this will be a bigger gamble - say 30 to 40 buck range per pack while the 83T will be in the 9 buck range with the 85T pack thrown in.

That's all I got for now.

Can't believe it's already National time!

Mike

Comments

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

IN

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

I'm in, as long as cpamike is restrained.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mknez said:

Hiya Mike

I couldn't get Mike to open a pack even with a gun to his head.

Mike
  • Options
    kgibsonkgibson Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

Count me in. :)

"You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day."
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Count me in but I won’t be there until Friday am. I can commit ahead of time to whatever we rip and Mike can hold my packs until Friday if needed. Can’t believe it is almost a month away.

KC

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

It would be legendary if you could get Mike to open a pack. We know it could happen - he opened a box of 85 Donruss and shared on the board a couple years ago, IIRC.

• Options
    dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

Don't forget, we are doing that 1986/87 Fleer Basketball box break too. Two packs with Jordan rookies showing! It will be held Saturday afternoon at the BBCE booth. Details will be released shortly, and packs will be for sale beginning July 1st.

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

• Options

@dmurphy3mvp said:
    Don't forget, we are doing that 1986/87 Fleer Basketball box break too. Two packs with Jordan rookies showing! It will be held Saturday afternoon at the BBCE booth. Details will be released shortly, and packs will be for sale beginning July 1st.

That's heavy duty!

Looking forward that one.

Mike
  • Options

@KendallCat said:
    Count me in but I won’t be there until Friday am. I can commit ahead of time to whatever we rip and Mike can hold my packs until Friday if needed. Can’t believe it is almost a month away.

KC

Hiya Keith

I think we can try to work this out?

I think the PSA luncheon is on Fri? We can always meet up after that?

If that's not good? Yes, I will hold back pack(s) for you.

As I've said - I asked if they could hunt down a 93Finest - but we're definitely doing the 83T with the 85T bonus.

Mike
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

@lahmejoon said:
    It would be legendary if you could get Mike to open a pack. We know it could happen - he opened a box of 85 Donruss and shared on the board a couple years ago, IIRC.

That was actually 85 Donruss Leaf and Jeff (Big80s) sent it to me on condition I rip it. I was able to save some packs as he told me that any packs with stars showing could be spared. Good thing I have a keen eye. :)

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

@mknez said:

cpamike restrained, I don’t think so. :p

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

@KendallCat said:

KC

Hiya Keith

I think we can try to work this out?

I think the PSA luncheon is on Fri? We can always meet up after that?

If that's not good? Yes, I will hold back pack(s) for you.

As I've said - I asked if they could hunt down a 93Finest - but we're definitely doing the 83T with the 85T bonus.

Thanks Mike and that would be awesome. I thought we did it last year after the luncheon on Friday at BBCE’s booth with the 79 Box. Would love to do the Finest and 83 and 85 rips. Can’t believe we are almost t minus 1 month and counting on the Natty.

KC

• Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

So what are the big hits from the 93 Finest? I would love to score a Bo Jackson. I may be interested

• Options

@kingnascar said:
    So what are the big hits from the 93 Finest? I would love to score a Bo Jackson. I may be interested

Hiya Logan

Not even sure they'll have one.

With refractors reportedly @ 241 of each - total - if you were to pull a nice Bo refractor - it'll go for a few hundred bucks...

Now the odds are just 1 refractor per box - reported - so it's a crap shoot.

We're definitely going to do an 83T box - ya got 3 HOF RCs and the 85T box - hoping someone lands a minty McGwire.

See you there buddy.

Mike
  • Options

@Stone193 said:

@kingnascar said:

Hiya Logan

Not even sure they'll have one.

With refractors reportedly @ 241 of each - total - if you were to pull a nice Bo refractor - it'll go for a few hundred bucks...

Now the odds are just 1 refractor per box - reported - so it's a crap shoot.

A good reason never to buy loose packs of 93 Finest is that the refractor pack can be searched. My co-workers and I figured it out when the product released at the shop we used to work at (even before we knew what a refractor was - it just looked cool), so we drove around town to all the other shops to see if our theory was true. We kept pulling refractors at a 100% rate. Wish I still had all of them.

Reed Kasaoka

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

@BALROG said:
    Have seen BBCE sell loose 1993 Finest packs before :)

Mental note.....Only buy loose finest packs from bbce when Reed is on the road.

• Options

I suppose I should have checked to see if we have sold loose packs before prior to making that statement. If it was from a few years ago, they may have come from the Burbank SC when we bought out their unopened inventory.

Not that it matters much, but I don't work out of the office, so the temptation to sit around searching packs isn't there. But I was a kid in the late-80s/early-90s, and I am proud to say I was extremely good at it!

Reed Kasaoka

• Options

Last year I was sitting in the snack bar at Target watching an adult "feel" packs of Topps Heritage.

I was talking to the guy behind the counter who told me: "a guy came in last week with a digital scale."

Mike
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:
    Last year I was sitting in the snack bar at Target watching an adult "feel" packs of Topps Heritage.

I was talking to the guy behind the counter who told me: "a guy came in last week with a digital scale."

Yeah, we call those people "pack pinchers" here in Tennessee