Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTB counterfeit Morgans

If you have fakes I'm interested for a counterfeit blog. Can be genuine Morgan's with altered/added mm's, altered dates, off metals, cast examples, etc. Shoot me a PM if you want to sell.
Scott

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Comments

• Options
    HistmanHistman Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

I have one that is slightly undersized and has additional metal added to it. What are you offering for them? I'd be interested in a trade for something as well if it meets your needs.

• Options
    KoinickerKoinicker Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

I have several related to the large 'micro O' counterfeit family. Let me know what you're looking for.

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any interest in fake trade dollar or bust dollar?

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really want to keep the scope to Morgans but will extend it to Peace bucks. Well aware counterfeiters will fake anything.

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2018 1:16PM

But I have this Fake 90% Silver 1878-CC Trade Dollar that might fit.
    Available for $55 shipped. It's no longer in Capital holder, so not included.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 23, 2018 7:37AM

I'm getting a massive amount of pm's. Right out of the gate, I'm not willing to pay 3/4 of retail for your genuine 89P Morgan with an added CC. Let's be real here, it's a 90% silver dollar in VF, sorry you were scorched, I'm not a charity. Cast off metal Morgans have no face, intrinsic or numismatic value, at least in my opinion, silver fakes at least have intrinsic value. Let's set a baseline, cast/struck off metal fakes $5 a piece + or -. Cast/struck silver fakes willing to pay melt, altered genuine Morgans, melt plus a bit more. I'm flexible with pricing, a little bit. I'm trying to educate new Morgan collectors, if the demand for fakes diminishes, the counterfeiters will vaish too, this is good for the hobby.

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Any interest in a 1902-O VAM 3 micro O still in a reputable slab? (old white ANACS)

• Options
    KoinickerKoinicker Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

So, maybe I need to be more specific in my response above (or you need to be more specific with what counterfeits you are exactly looking for) - are you interested in contemporary counterfeit struck pieces in sterling silver, modern/Chinese, or other?

MattTheRiley - I might be interested in your 1902-O VAM 3 micro O in an ANACS slab if morgansforever passes. I own maybe 20 of this variety but haven't bought any slabbed examples yet.

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@Koinicker I'll pm you.