Home Precious Metals
Options

Confused about 'deleted' post...RESOLVED

davidkdavidk Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
edited June 13, 2018 4:54PM in Precious Metals

I posted a referral link and a Father's Day code to receive $100 toward any 24k gold or platinum items on a web site (legitimate, same guys as goldmoney.com) and the posting got yanked.

I'm confused as to why this happened since I see links to eBay discounts etc. all of the time here. Will making too many edits cause this maybe?

Can anyone please enlighten me? PM me if you want the details that got yanked.

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

the word platinum itself is spam of the vilest nature

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    the word platinum itself is spam of the vilest nature

Not my favorite PM play, but getting $100 for free is unheard of. Oh well, sorry guys :(

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

did anyone flag it as spam? Did anyone post a forbidden comment?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    edited June 13, 2018 9:51AM

@derryb said:
    did anyone flag it as spam? Did anyone post a forbidden comment?

I may have made it look somewhat 'spammy' with my enthusiasm for the deal, but that wasn't my intention. I spent considerable time explaining the details clearly. It's a totally legitimate deal from a reputable company.

Was just an incredible Father's Day deal that I thought many would appreciate :(

• Options

Some folks like to flag stuff , they are warriors for truth and justice , or maybe just bored . A little spam never hurt is my view , anything to liven up page one of the forum. Things get much slower this will be the stamps forum

• Options
    edited June 13, 2018 9:56AM

@bronco2078 said:
    Some folks like to flag stuff , they are warriors for truth and justice , or maybe just bored . A little spam never hurt is my view , anything to liven up page one of the forum. Things get much slower this will be the stamps forum

Does anyone know how to contact a moderator? I'd really like them to reconsider, and/or let me know where/if I crossed the line. I believe the error I got when it disappeared was something to the effect of 'awaiting approval'.

I would guess that anyone could PM me and I can share the details, but that is a PITA for everyone.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2018 11:19AM

post it again. normally when moderators delete a thread they message you why with a warning.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@derryb said:
    post it again. normally when moderators delete a thread they message you why with a warning.

Will do. Maybe you could drop a quick comment on it so that it doesn't get flagged so easily?

• Options

@derryb said:

Done. Have fun with it :)

• Options
    edited June 13, 2018 12:27PM

@derryb said:

A couple of (good) things I forgot to mention in the post, and I'm afraid to edit or comment on it like I did before the original disappeared:

1. Free 2 day UPS shipping from Brinks on ALL items.
    2. You also get a $5 credit (so $105 total between the Father's Day code and new account credit) just for creating your account, as long as you use the referral link https://mene.com/invite/yR7A2C to create the account. The additional $50 credit for the order, and all subsequent orders will appear after they process your order.
    3. They seem to be rather busy right now. Don't be surprised if your order takes a few days to ship.
    4. The least expensive gold charm is 2.72g for $136.56...so 136.56-100-5=$31.56 for 2.72g 24k gold...or $11.60/gram. $31.56 out of pocket.
    5. $100 Father’s Day code expires today at midnight. Still great deals with the $50 code you get with every purchase by using the referral code.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

was something to the effect of 'awaiting approval'.

the software did that. it was flagged as needing approval, so it never saw the light of day here.

who knows when it will get approval

I generally find referral links as spammy.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

D'oh!

I see the thread has appeared. the referral link must not be a big deal to them.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2018 12:43PM

@MsMorrisine said:
    D'oh!

I see the thread has appeared. the referral link must not be a big deal to them.

I re-posted it per another member's suggestion. You can do everything without the referral link, but it makes much more sense to use the link as explained in the post. You win either way, but you win more now and in the future ($50 credit for EVERY purchase) with the referral link.

Here's their FAQ: https://mene.com/customer-service

Here's their About...business model type stuff: https://mene.com/about

I can't believe that no one here has discussed this company before...that's probably why they're so aggressive with their deals. I don't know, but that's my guess.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks for the details. Probable it was not in the buy sell category

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    edited June 14, 2018 7:31AM

@Kkathyl said:
    thanks for the details. Probable it was not in the buy sell category

You're welcome.

I mentioned the BEST deals they have, but you can get some other really cool items like this women's 24k ring. 7.52g gold in size 6, price is $377.93. It contains $314.94 in melt gold....so $377-$100 Father's Day credit, -$5 sign up bonus=$272...and it contains $314 in 24k gold. Do the math.

...AND you’ll have a $50 account credit balance once the item ships if you use the referral link to create your account.

https://mene.com/rings/gold/tear-drop-ring-gold?preferredSize=All

Insane if you ask me.

• Options

Link to the post that this post is referring to for those who are interested in more information: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1000658/fathers-day-special-100-in-free-24k-gold-or-platinum-seriously-legitimate-offer#latest

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options

@Timbuk3 said:
    :D !!!

at some point you are going to break that exclamation point right off , maybe you should economize? If 2 would suffice you could extend your career here by 50% :#

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭