Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Super Bowl MVP set updates

rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know PSA is backed up and it takes a while to get sets updated. Several months ago I requested the 2012 Topps Chrome Nck Foles Rc to be added. Still waiting. I also requested that the 2014 Topps Malcolm Smith card be added. It is from the first year he had cards. No Chrome was produced and his only other card is a Prestige from that year that is not a parallel or some other goofy set. It was denied. I was told it was not an official rookie card. I asked what the official rookie card was. I was told there was not one, and that Beckett had not specified one. I have spent a lot of time working on this set, and even though I have not completed it, I find it frustrating that we are not able to add a RC of a Super Bowl MVP to the set. They can designate "Rookie" cards of Tex Schramm and Bill Walsh for other sets but not an actual player? If the Prestige is decided upon I would have no problem adding it. Are there any suggestions as to what can be done?

Looking for FB HOF Rookies

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

yes
    turn away from the fan when you pee

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

Jay just gave you basically the only solution...The sets have unfortunately been allowed to get out of hand, and have resulted in mis-management..Not due to the ineptitude of the PSA staff, but they just don't have the knowledge or the time to ensure every single set is corrected, up-to-date, logical, etc...Its sad really as the Regsitry used to be a beautiful thing..Now it just reminds me of a big government bureaucracy that is so convoluted that its become unusable.

Jason

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    TmbrWolf22TmbrWolf22 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Maybe its time to get in contact with Beckett since PSA seems to think its the Bible. If you can get a straight answer from them, maybe PSA will consider their advice.