Home Sports Talk

RIP Red Schoendienst

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was the oldest living HOF member.--

St. Louis Cardinal great Red Schoendienst passed away Wednesday at the age of 95.

The news was broken to Cardinal Nation by former Cardinals and KMOX Cardinals announcer Mike Shannon.

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP Red

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

70 years in baseball. Amazing

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was quite a guy......RIP Red.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't have guessed that he was still alive.

95 years old...not bad at all...especially with a career in the greatest summer game ever invented called baseball.

RIP

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

RIP

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP to one of the old guard Cardinals. Say "Hi" to Stan for us.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

Red was a HOFer more for overall contributions to the game than being a particularly great player, but he was a very good player. And while his offensive contributions were what they were, it might increase your appreciation of his hitting to know that he was essentially blind in one eye since a childhood accident. Mostly, though, Red was as great a human being as ever played the game, and St. Louis was blessed to have him for the better part of 70 years.

R.I.P.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.