Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2001 TOPPS Heritage Box

Comments

• Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Best of luck and thanks for sharing the rips...makes me wanna dig into the stash and tear some stuff open!!

• Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2018 9:58PM

May I ask how much you paid for the box? Nevermind. Far too much to go chasing for a red ink auto. What card in this set makes it so expensive?

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

It's amazing to me how well centered every one of those cards are.

Why on earth can't Topps do that for their base product? Although, the last couple of years, there haven't really been any borders to center...

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

Mark Grace sighting! Let me know if you don't want it (or any other Gracie's you pull). Love the rips.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BALROG said:
    Skre, I believe the box was around 250 :). Been a while since buying it. Actually not sure what all is in it. Didn't know it even had Chromes. Red autos do seem to be the hit ion these but not at all sure on how rare they are. Will get to bustin' the rest hopefully this week.

If no hits, and at 250, I'd put these boxes in line with other notoriously not worth the price boxes like 84 Donruss, 89 score football etc..

Sorry you didn't get an auto. Easy come easy go, but $250 is probably cheap for a product like this that has a large following. This is the inaugural yr, being designed after the iconic 1952 Topps, and heavily opened at the time, I would say $250 is a bargain. I bet the price on this goes up in yrs to come.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting the rip, autos are pretty difficult to come by.

Robb

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2019 8:43PM

The main question is did you try the gum? I got a packs from the local distributor and the best card was a Griffey insert with a funky cut on the right edge. Now only the gum remains and it’s begging for it.

ETA: Don't do it unless you like Pepto Bismol in a mushy form