Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cool Craigslist Find

A week ago I just happened to log onto Craiglist and found a listing for 25k cards for $75 -- at first thought, I figured they would have to be some crappy cards to not be able to recoup the $75, either in monetary value and/or just entertainment value. It turned out to be a fun and what seems to be a profitable purchase. Granted the cards are from late 80's into the late 90's, but there are hundreds of most stars (Ripken, Puckett, Clemens, Shaq, Gretzky, Ryan, etc -- and a couple dozen Jordans perhaps). There were even some sets, such as 1990 ProSet FB update, in which both Emmitt cards look to be 10's. There are no thousand dollar cards, but lots of stars and many cards which will do well if graded as 10 (Chipper 2nd year card, Gretzky cards, late 80's Jerry Rice cards, 1971 Catfish card that is in incredible shape, except it is off-centered, Seau rookies, random mid-90's Topps Finest star cards, Michael Jordan Face to Face insert, etc)....it looks like he probably only pulled out the really high-dollar cards, but left lots of star cards. Still hoping to find a section of 1991 ProSet in hopes of finding some Belichicks...

The next day I saw him list 40k more cards for $100, so I quick called him and said I would take them as well...and that led to 25k more cards for $70 more...I have only made it thru the first 25k cards and have found lots of goodies, only a handful of which I listed above. Can't wait to see what awaits in the remaining 65k cards...I even turned down 20k more cards and one of my brothers bought them. I think the guy still/only has some sets left, including 1970's Kelloggs, so need to check to see if there is anything else I can get....thanks for reading about this nice little find

Comments