Home Precious Metals
Options

India encouraging temples to sell gold hoards

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
FYI

linky
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    v. interesting, thanks for this. Curious that a 'Hindu fundamentalist' would propose such a thing. The temples would have little to gain, and a mass dump like that would crater the gold price worldwide..
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>v. interesting, thanks for this. Curious that a 'Hindu fundamentalist' would propose such a thing. The temples would have little to gain, and a mass dump like that would crater the gold price worldwide.. >>

Dumping paper gold is the only way to crater prices physical means nothing.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dumping paper gold is the only way to crater prices physical means nothing.
    >>

Totally agree.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Dumping paper gold is the only way to crater prices physical means nothing.
    >>

Totally agree.... Cheers, RickO >>

Respectfully, dumping gold in equal measure to the entire world's reserves may have a slight impact.

Perhaps related, but those temples seem like the easiest things to rob ever.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hindu temples own lots of gold. The Vatican owns lots of gold. And gold isnt intertwined in religion?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hindu temples own lots of gold. The Vatican owns lots of gold. And gold isnt intertwined in religion? >>

and don't forget about the Lannister's.................Plus they always pay their debts

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......