R.I.P. Nelson Bunker Hunt!!!

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the true silver baron.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hunts used to own about 1000 acres right next to where I live. It is now a golf course and resortimage
    Hi Ho Silver!
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep you can't take it with you.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shakey's Pizza - had no idea they owned that, it was a favourite when I was a kid.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Shakey's Pizza - had no idea they owned that, it was a favourite when I was a kid. >>

Great pizza. Are there any left?
  • Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭
    RIP Mr.Hunt.......I remember him and his brother well. I was just a twenty something kid. My partner in the Sheriff's Dept. had a friend that rode their coat tails. He made a huge amount of cash. My partner turned me onto buying silver at that point. I'm still buying silver.....thank you Wild Bill.
  • Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭
    And........I grew up eating Shakeys Pizza. Best place ever........lots of memories with the kids. I believe their may be one left in Milwaukee,WI area. They may also run one at the WI State Fair still. I wish they would come back!
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Shakey's Pizza - had no idea they owned that, it was a favourite when I was a kid. >>

Our high school pizza runs were to Dino's outside of Detroit. Great pie for about $3.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a Shakey's when I was growing up in the '70's, fun place with a mechanical horse you could ride for a penny, yes one cent.

Also showed bugs bunny and road runner cartoons on a big movie screen, right in the pizza parlor, wow, how fun is that?

Biographers said Hunt's silver strategy was fueled by the fear of an imminent economic apocalypse brought on by communists and U.S. liberal establishment.

ayup image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>We had a Shakey's when I was growing up in the '70's, fun place with a mechanical horse you could ride for a penny, yes one cent.

>>

It's still just one cent. The other $29.99 goes to personal injury lawyers.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now there was a true American.......and I mean that as a compliment.

R.I.P.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although he never knew it,he did well for me by driving up the price. Unloaded near the peak. His horses raced many times on the New York track circuit. No complaints here.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yep you can't take it with you. >>

never will.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all share a common destination.......just a matter of time and process.....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...In 1975, Bunker and Herbert were acquitted of federal wire-tapping charges after they had put private detectives on the trails of Hunt employees they suspected of embezzlement. Their defense was based on the claim that they did not know wire-tapping was illegal....

To a layman this sounds like the work of one dream defense team.

edit to say I wonder if I was working for Nelson when I was playing banjo in the Culver City Shakey's back in the 60's? image
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    73s MGLICKER. Like the icon.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD