Home Precious Metals
Options

The Royal Canadian Mint is now producing 10 oz silver bars.

PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just saw them on the APMEX web site and I just bought 10 of them. At $1.29 per oz over spot I figured the price wasn't too bad. I've been looking for the old ones made by the RCM but I've only seen a few and they were priced well over melt.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Comments

• Options
    I forgot to mention that they won't be available until around August 5th which isn't a big deal. It'll take a couple weeks for my check to clear in any event.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like em
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>I'm in.

Cool! Four nines purity, a reeded edge and a unique serial number. >>

Also, each bar is in a protective vinyl sleeve to protect them from being scuffed.

• Options
    From the Canadian Mint website:

"Q: Can I buy bullion products directly from the Mint?
    A: The Mint does not sell bullion products directly to the public; only to distributors who have the infrastructure to sell and buy back to and from the public and manage sales to individual dealers in North America and around the globe."

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Thanks PerryHall!
    I saw them at JM Bullion but they are selling for $235 each (1-9 bars).
    I needed a good excuse to buy the 1/25 oz gold Philharmonics from Apmex, now I can spread te shipping charges...image
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    MCM is listing them too, price TBD. More the sellers better the prices. image

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RCM bars have been around for a long time...So, what's the big deal?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>RCM bars have been around for a long time...So, what's the big deal? >>

They are new, made in silver 9999 and cheaper than the older ones.
  • Options
    RCM 100 oz. .9999 bars are popular. These 10 ouncers are just what the doctor ordered.

• Options

<< <i>

They are new, made in silver 9999 and cheaper than the older ones. >>

10 4. Not a bad price for a 10 oz bullion bar, if you can get it with free s&h. Their 100 oz bars also have the same .9999 finesse and are just barely selling over spot.
  • Options

<< <i>

The old ones are tough to find and carry a higher premium when you can find them. The new ones have newer design features including a reeded edge and a plastic sleeve to keep them from getting scuffed up. Also, a couple of months ago Johnson Matthey started making their 10 oz bars again. If this trend continues we may see BASF (current owner of Engelhard) producing the old pour Engelhard silver bars.image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

10 4. Not a bad price for a 10 oz bullion bar, if you can get it with free s&h. Their 100 oz bars also have the same .9999 finesse and are just barely selling over spot. >>

100 ouncers will cost you about a buck over. Another .29 premium for the smaller 10 oz. size with newer features is a bargain.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

10 4. Not a bad price for a 10 oz bullion bar, if you can get it with free s&h. Their 100 oz bars also have the same .9999 finesse and are just barely selling over spot. >>

100 ouncers will cost you about a buck over. Another .29 premium for the smaller 10 oz. size with newer features is a bargain. >>

At $222.2 a pop and silver spot at $20.84 that's more like $1.38 over spot. $1.53 if you pay $14.95 shipping.
  • Options
    It's always the "ask" price when buying and the "bid" price when selling to a bullion dealer that determines the spread.

Silver closed at $20.89 bid and $20.99 ask. As such APMEX selling price is accurate.
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    They do look very nice. However, I have to work on my goal of filling my Geiger 10oz storage box so will have to pass on them.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    This look very good.
    The reeded edge as with the Geiger bars is a big security plus in my opinion.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's always the "ask" price when buying and the "bid" price when selling to a bullion dealer that determines the spread.

Silver closed at $20.89 bid and $20.99 ask. As such APMEX selling price is accurate. >>

I thought I saw a COB spot price of $20.84 on the U.S. coin forum.
  • Options
    couple of different sources for spot prices and they usually differ by a few cents. I use Kitco, Friday closing price of 20.89.

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    The premium will remain the same for the older style as these are distinctly different. My $0.02.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Ordered mine, plus a gold maple leaf that was on sale on account of "abrasions." I'm stacking so ... those don't bother me image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Available now on presale at ProvidentMetals. Cheapest option at the moment.

RCM at $1.25 over spot
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody seen any milk spotting on bars????