Home Precious Metals
Options

Can someone help me out on this one please.

Has anyone ever came across one of these before. It's mine and I would like to know more about it. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Here ya go! Text Looks like its worth about $8.00! This coin is layered with over 6 Mils of 24 Karat Gold.

This coin consists of a superbly crafted collector's Proof, which pays tribute to one of the rarest and most expensive gold coins ever minted. This coin is a mirror image of the original.

COIN SPECIFICATIONS:

This Coin Is 24 Karat Gold Layered
    34 Millimeters in Diameter (Exact Size)
    Individually Die-Struck Proof Coin
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stamp says it's 999 fine silver so it should be worth about $60 at 2.3 oz.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>Here ya go! Text Looks like its worth about $8.00! This coin is layered with over 6 Mils of 24 Karat Gold.

This coin consists of a superbly crafted collector's Proof, which pays tribute to one of the rarest and most expensive gold coins ever minted. This coin is a mirror image of the original.

COIN SPECIFICATIONS:

This Coin Is 24 Karat Gold Layered
    34 Millimeters in Diameter (Exact Size)
    Individually Die-Struck Proof Coin >>

I'm sorry but there is only one Coin that is similar to this one and its 1.5 oz. The one I have is 2" in dia

Link doesnt work......sorry
  • Options
    If the coin can be verified as pure silver I suppose you could get melt value from it. I think it would be hard to determine its purity without destroying its gold plating however. I do know that silver colored or plated coins of any sort are hard to sell there is just not much of a market for them. I do know that people that buy such coins usually pay way below spot for them.
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options

<< <i>If the coin can be verified as pure silver I suppose you could get melt value from it. I think it would be hard to determine its purity without destroying its gold plating however. I do know that silver colored or plated coins of any sort are hard to sell there is just not much of a market for them. I do know that people that buy such coins usually pay way below spot for them. >>

I don't want to sell it....Just wondering if anyone has/had one. I've had it for several years.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    where did you get that? just curious
  • Options
    I purchased it at a flee market in Oklahoma City about 8 years ago. I didn't buy it for the silver content......I just thought it was a cool replica. I was looking at it the other night and the serial number on the edge made me curious.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Was it "Mary's" flea market? Me & my daddy use to scour that place every Sunday as a boy = Good Times!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    No it wasn't Mary's even though you could find anything there. It was Old Paris. About 12 years ago I payed $20 for a 1893-CC Morgan in VF.......They didn't know what they had. You can't find treasures for nothing anymore.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Old Paris in SE, OKC. The inside flea market. Left OKC in 1987 I guess somethings never change.

Still miss a Del Rancho steak sandwich supreme!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I have owned one like that but it was not gold plated. It had that exact wording on the back and on the edges it had like a serial number or number made. Mine came with a COA telling how many oz it was etc.

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.