Home Metal Detecting
Options

July 18, 2015: 2 GOLD and 6 Silvers!

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
Had some time to kill so I hit the old faithful spot. If my counting was correct, I was at 94 pieces of silver from this spot this year. Wanted to hit 100. Within 15 minutes or so I got a pull tab-like signal. Was surprised to see a ring. It had a little tarnish, but this place is brutal on metals, so I thought it was possible to be gold. Things were very slow for the next hour or so with very little. Then finally got a silver dime. Alright! Ended with 4 more silver dimes and a sterling religious pendant. I will probably brillo pad them later to make them presentable! Also later in the hunt I got a horrible lower tone. But since most things are deep, it was worth a dig. It was pretty deep as well, and when it finally came out, it was 80% tarnished, but no corrosion, which older gold can do. Looked old too! Put it away and kept going. Got a 3rd ring, but it looks brass even though it was also a low tone. At the end of the hunt a vintage brass whistle came out! Not something I'd ever expect to find!

Got home and rinsed off both rings and they are gold! The older ring has a small maker's initials but I don't see a karat marking. Going to polish it up soon, there are 3-leaf clovers on each side. Very cool! The other band is 14k! Will weigh them tomorrow.

And, with 6 silvers, this marks 100 silvers (coins and jewelry) at this location. What a dream spot! Going back tomorrow for a couple more hours.

HH all!

skin is horrible, disregard!

Comments

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    pcgs69.....
    You have me hooked waiting for your posts!
    They are always so very wonderful!
    Thanks.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW...that is an amazing site.... great finds pcgs69.... super totals so far... gold and silver - awesome day. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It continues to amaze me that people lost all of this good stuff for you to find.image They probably have a camera set up so they can watch your reactions when you find this stuff.image
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Talk about a honey hole. That spot keeps producing and producing. As always, thanks for sharing! image
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys!

And thanks Mariner for the nice comment. Glad you guys enjoy reading what comes out of the ground. Usually my friends and family go, "huh, neat. So anyhow..." It's nice to share with others who have the same interests.

Here's to our next finds!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That' awesome! I need to frequent the Metal Detecting section more often... image