too dang hot out here. it was 95 today

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Nice!! image
  • Options
    More nice treasures Demo! Was this a dump site? Rich
  • Options
    Everything is really cool but that dog tag is probably my favorite.

Is that a Chinese coin? Do you know how old it is? Weird you should find that among so much American coinage.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    nice mix of finds! Found with a detector, or by sifting?
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A wide variety of good stuff. I too like the dog license.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice pick ups
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Everything is really cool but that dog tag is probably my favorite >>

I guess a big part of what draws me to items like this is the uniqueness that comes with being numbered.
    A coin is nice, but it's generic. With the dog tag, it can (at least in theory) be traced back to an actual dog it was issued for image

Nice SLQ (does it have a readable date?) and cash coin too! image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice collection..... the IHC's look in fairly good condition....is that a glass bottle stopper? Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    everything except for the dog tag came from a house demo. the dog tag came from a town that has been under water since the 1940's. the drought has uncovered old foundations which I had never seen before. the slq looks to be 1920. this was the only silver coin to come from that spot.

the Chinese were everywhere here in California. I've dug probably over 100 cash coins. I got one just 2 days ago, about 4 miles from home. don't know the dates on them. ive heard that some date to the 1600's.

I agree that coins are generic. I enjoy the more personal items. I've dug hundreds of silver coins, but how many dog tags? not many. although there was one time when I dug 5 dog "licenses" all on a ring, dated 1897. I've been told recently that they are worth $100 each.

the stopper is most likely from a sauce bottle. very common in old dumps. the house demo had a few trash pits and an outhouse.