Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Membership (Grandfathered vs. New Membership)

My Platinum Membership renewed last week at a grandfathered rate of $199, a savings of $50 from the current Platinum Membership rate of $249. But after receiving an email response from PCGS, I understand the "savings." A new Platinum membership for $249 includes a PCGS logo polo shirt whereas a renewal membership at a grandfathered rate doesn't include the PCGS logo polo shirt. FYI when you renew.
I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.

Comments

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those unfamiliar with these shirts here's one: Completed Listing
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before canceling, just to get the shirt, understand that, to my understanding, you ONLY get the shirt once (first time you sign up) but that your grandfathered rate is good so long as you don't cancel.
    So, in year 1, you pay that $50 for the PCGS Polo Shirt. In year 2, unless you cancel and pay the full price again, then you are paying the higher price and no shirt.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many members grow a shirt size every year, or need to replace it due to mustard stains. Might be a scary percentage.
  • Options
    TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭

<< <i>Before canceling, just to get the shirt, understand that, to my understanding, you ONLY get the shirt once (first time you sign up) but that your grandfathered rate is good so long as you don't cancel.
    So, in year 1, you pay that $50 for the PCGS Polo Shirt. In year 2, unless you cancel and pay the full price again, then you are paying the higher price and no shirt. >>

Last year (October 1, 2014) when I initially joined with the Platinum Membership, a shirt wasn't part of the package. I believe when they increased the membership fees at the beginning of 2015 is when the shirt became part of the package.

<< <i>For those unfamiliar with these shirts here's one: >>

Nice to see that completed auction for a PCGS shirt selling for $11. I'd like a shirt and think the $50 premium is a bit steep.
  • Options
    Every year I get a calendar and as silly as this is I have not ever used the free submissions with membership. I should do that someday. Oh I also want a shirt but have to find one in big tall fat guy size lol.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they (PCGS) would ask your size...hoping that you don't receive the short, tiny guy size.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭

<< <i>Every year I get a calendar and as silly as this is I have not ever used the free submissions with membership. I should do that someday. Oh I also want a shirt but have to find one in big tall fat guy size lol. >>

I received a very nice PCGS calendar also about a year ago. Awesome pictures of coins.

One little question... Why do you join at the higher membership level if you don't use the free submissions?
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, will the shirt CAC?
    Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>But, will the shirt CAC? >>

As good of a chance as the calendar would. image
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never made it that far, got laundrybagged for questionable armpit stains.
    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Never made it that far, got laundrybagged for questionable armpit stains. >>

everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ "Laundrybagged". That's funny. ^
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'd rather save the $50 a year for x amount of years than get 1 polo shirt.

But that's just me.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice of pcgs to keep the membership rate the same for renewals. Thanks pcgs.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's nice of pcgs to keep the membership rate the same for renewals. Thanks pcgs. >>

Agreed. And, to those dissing the shirt....maybe you should try speaking about something you KNOW about?
    The shirt is not a "t-shirt". It's a collared Nike shirt....made very nicely (china/Vietnam/whatever, it is a nice feeling shirt and totally classy...)

Not saying, by any means, it is worth giving up the renewal rate, but definitely a nice shirt and not worth trash talking about.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file