Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

There are "Juiced" Photos of DMPL Dollars, and then there are "JUICED" Photos of

Comments

• Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭
    Forget deceptive, that's downright criminal.
    Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RickO would be more upset than anyone on this forum.....these over exposed images are ridiculous.

edited to add: Todd is a major DMPL Morgan collector......he won't be happy!!

Check your makeup Ma'am with this magical mirrored coin......image
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If those last two were so great, why are they not certified by PCGS?
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    These look like those "California Cameo" dollars I've heard so much about.
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this coin or one very similar to it was discussed here a month or two ago.
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    Man those are smoking....
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's another one of his auctions. On this one the paint ran off of the devices and into the field. And the pic is also over-exposed. >>

I think I know who this is. I need to talk to him at FUN about how bad these auctions are, he has been on my list for several weeks now. I am pretty sure I sold him a coin at Baltimore I then saw under this account for sale but the pics were not as bad as these. I did not image the coin to compare.

As for the 1880-S in the link above I would be curious to see in hand to know if artificial or if the stuff near the nose is a form of die polishing. I have seen other morgan DMPL's with a halo effect.

I hate doing an ebay search and seeing these images plugging up my searches.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    sad stuff image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    csdotcsdot Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭
    What does 16+ inch mirrors mean in this context? Maybe ghetto slang for shiny rims on a lowrider?
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What does 16+ inch mirrors mean in this context? Maybe ghetto slang for shiny rims on a lowrider? >>

Snort! +1!
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    Maybe he does juice the photos, but in his defense, if he's says it's DMPL or PL, it appears to be that.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fell victim to this dude, thinking I was gonna receive thick frosty contrasting devices and black mirrors. What I received was a typical, baggy, non-contrasting Morgan. He assured me the images didn't do it justice. I took a shot, should have returned it. It's PL but it's no DMPL with 12+ inch mirrors. His method of imaging over exaggerates the coins appearance big-time. I kept it as a reminder, that things on Ebay can be deceptive.

Sellers scans, assuming it's a scan.

My images
    imageimage
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    DaveWcoinsDaveWcoins Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I fell victim to this dude, thinking I was gonna receive thick frosty contrasting devices and black mirrors. What I received was a typical, baggy, non-contrasting Morgan. He assured me the images didn't do it justice. I took a shot, should have returned it. It's PL but it's no DMPL with 12+ inch mirrors. His method of imaging over exaggerates the coins appearance big-time. I kept it as a reminder, that things on Ebay can be deceptive.

Sellers scans, assuming it's a scan.

My images
    imageimage >>

What? Those 2 images look exactly the same.

Dave Wnuck. Redbook contributor; long time PNG Member; listed on the PCGS Board of Experts. PM me with your email address to receive my e-newsletter, and visit DaveWcoins.com Find me on eBay at davewcoins
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1891 DMPL Dollar on Ebay

Same DMPL on the PCGS website.

And this DMPL by the same seller looks like it was painted with white nail polish.. Can anyone say "Earl Scheib"? >>

You can't go by the Secure-Plus scan as it's not a True-view...

I regularly look up to see these scans on Foreign coins slabbed under the SP program and on some they are horrific compared to the actual coins.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuck...that '79S picture is gross..... someone will be real disappointed... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I see an 1883 64PL I sold at FUN is now listed by him. Images are horribly deceptive. Now I know for sure who this is.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I see an 1883 64PL I sold at FUN is now listed by him. Images are horribly deceptive. Now I know for sure who this is. >>

Oh come on, out him! >>

He is just a young guy I see at a few shows. No real way to out him.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I see an 1883 64PL I sold at FUN is now listed by him. Images are horribly deceptive. Now I know for sure who this is. >>

Oh come on, out him! >>

He is just a young guy I see at a few shows. No real way to out him. >>

Take a high-res pic of him at the next show. image
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His name is not James Toliver?
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Charmy Him"

POTD! image
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

Linked

It looks 65DM is the images.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Oh come on, out him! >>

He is just a young guy I see at a few shows. No real way to out him. >>

I think I know who it is now...
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I know what's going on with the straight-on photos of the Morgans - diffuse lighting, upping the contrast with software - but I don't understand the trickery involved with the reflection of the lottery ticket. Those images look impressive; how are they being done?
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, thats a bit much image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file