Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

If you want to see who you're dealing with on Ebay -

MizzouMizzou Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭
Type the user name into this website for a full report - Toolhaus.org

Just a handy reference, not trying to peddle anything here.

Sometimes I think that animals are smarter than humans, animals would never allow the dumbest one to lead the pack

Comments

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    That's handy but old hat. I've found it useful if you have an email address to plug it into facebook if you want to see who you're dealing with. Most times it reveals a lot.
  • Options
    MizzouMizzou Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Toolhaus.org has been available for years. That's why I don't understand people that wont take two minutes and check out a seller before purchasing an expensive coin.

Sometimes I think that animals are smarter than humans, animals would never allow the dumbest one to lead the pack

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the 3 i have bookmarked are

toolhaus.org
    goofbid.com
    watchcount.com

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    whats wrong with a quick check of their feedback ?
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • Options
    +1

I only use that if their feedback number on it's face looks questionable. Beyond that Toolhaus offers very little.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Toolhaus is good. of course it is only half good as bidders only have positives.
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To think I was relying on 100% Positive feedback, thousands of positive remarks, and eBay/Paypal guarantees.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That's handy but old hat. I've found it useful if you have an email address to plug it into facebook if you want to see who you're dealing with. Most times it reveals a lot. >>

news to me. please elaborate.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I just used it to clean out my blocked bidder list.

I had 367 enemies but 60 have been NARU'd
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Topographic, that proof SLH is lovely
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to know who you're dealing with on eBay

… never mind. It would be spam and cheap advertising here. image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That's handy but old hat. I've found it useful if you have an email address to plug it into facebook if you want to see who you're dealing with. Most times it reveals a lot. >>

news to me. please elaborate. >>

Not much to elaborate on. If you have an email address, plug it into Facebook. Now of course if they're not on FB or their email address isn't associated then it won't work but when there's a problem with a smoe and you plug it in and if they're on FB it shows you (generally there real name, photos, friends, and or cross reference with viewable friends and that will lead to name, address, income, where they live, who there Boss is etc...Gives a fairly good idea who you're dealing with and a quite a bit more into then whether or not they have positive FB.

The same can also be done if you have a name, and or sometimes the user name for the ebay account ran through a google search with the terms collectibles and or coins may also reveal other associated user accounts and other shenanagians going on...
  • Options
    Just ask. There is Cam2Cam, for those who can't believe.
  • Options

<< <i>Just ask. There is Cam2Cam, for those who can't believe. >>

Yes, but then we'd have to all get dressed firstimage
  • Options
    Yeah, toolhaus.org goes back a while - they're a classic site.

Lance Newman mentioned watchcount.com. type the ebay username in2 this page to see what they bought recently:
    http://www.watchcount.com/bh.php

It seems to skip private listings of course, but can def still be useful.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just used it to clean out my blocked bidder list.

I had 367 enemies but 60 have been NARU'd >>

Likewise...

thanks, silverinvestor & Lance for the Watchcount info.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent reminder
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    Any tool a guy can get to help him vet another, prior to transacting, is a good thing. This site, included.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might want to check this guy out before buying - nice model!

How to properly model on ebay
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

<< <i>Might want to check this guy out before buying - nice model!

How to properly model on ebay >>

That's too funny image
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

That's too funny image >>

Interestingly is that if you check his feedback, people have actually bought used socks from him in the past
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

That's too funny image >>

Interestingly is that if you check his feedback, people have actually bought used socks from him in the past >>

I would buy a used leather jacket from you Joe. Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyimage
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use toolhaus periodically, usually just to see what the negs are about but of recent, they say ebay has them blocked. But I only tried one seller. hmmm

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of these are perfect as sellers can keep inventing new ID's to avoid their past. I had one coin dealer who I found 4 separate ID's with because they had way too many negs on their first one. And ironically, I was able to get hit by them a 2nd time by not knowing who they were on an alt ID. So you may in fact not know who you're dealing with on Ebay.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

I lMAO Very funny!!!!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, toolhaus.org goes back a while - they're a classic site.

Lance Newman mentioned watchcount.com. type the ebay username in2 this page to see what they bought recently:
    http://www.watchcount.com/bh.php

It seems to skip private listings of course, but can def still be useful. >>

Interesting, but the buy it now prices are wrong if best offer is accepted.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options

<< <i>Interesting, but the buy it now prices are wrong if best offer is accepted. >>

Workaround: just click the little "ilu" link to see the actual Best Offer sold price. (it would be nice if there were a clue that that needed to be done - or it did it for us!)

Or if yer cruisin around eBay and wanna know it, just copy-paste the eBay item URL into the Watchcount home page, and the BO price almost always shows up. At least for me it does.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Interesting, but the buy it now prices are wrong if best offer is accepted. >>

Workaround: just click the little "ilu" link to see the actual Best Offer sold price. (it would be nice if there were a clue that that needed to be done - or it did it for us!)

Or if yer cruisin around eBay and wanna know it, just copy-paste the eBay item URL into the Watchcount home page, and the BO price almost always shows up. At least for me it does. >>

Or you could also try and just copy the item number and paste it in and it'll show the real sold for price.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file