Quick Links:   Collectors Corner | PCGS | PSA | PSE | PSA/DNA | CU | Coinflation

Navigation:

FORUMS > U.S. COIN FORUM [ REFRESH ]
Thread Title: Cassie McFarland signed HOF insert
Created On Thursday May 08, 2014 10:05 PM
Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]

Boosibri
Collector

Thursday May 08, 2014 10:05 PM

User is online View thread in raw text format

Did PCGS have her sign all 750,000 halfs? She has the worst signature ever outside out the medical field.

-------------------------
PCGS Gold Gallery

Sub 100 Population Coins

Bottom

Kudbegud
Collector

Thursday May 08, 2014 10:17 PM

User is offline View users profile View thread in raw text format

No.
Watch the population report for total signed. Each signed label will have it's own line in the report.

Bottom

Boosibri
Collector

Thursday May 08, 2014 10:37 PM

User is online View thread in raw text format

<< No.
Watch the population report for total signed. Each signed label will have it's own line in the report.
>>

I was meaning to be sarcastic. I know she didn't sign all 750k.

PCGS Gold Gallery

Sub 100 Population Coins

Bottom

Kudbegud
Collector

Thursday May 08, 2014 10:45 PM

Bottom

Jeffery

Friday May 09, 2014 2:59 AM

User is offline View thread in raw text format

Just so I'm clear, the labels with her signature were actually signed by her? Not an "authorized facsimile"?

Bottom

bronco2078
Collector

Friday May 09, 2014 4:27 AM

What is that? A slab with no grade with a nobody's signature?

Bottom

DrBuster
Expert Collector

Friday May 09, 2014 4:44 AM

That sig is precisely why I still pay bills via old skool checks - to keep my non-painting signature skills up. That is horrible, she must use online billpay.

Bottom

HATTRICK
Veteran

Friday May 09, 2014 5:26 AM

<< Just so I'm clear, the labels with her signature were actually signed by her? Not an "authorized facsimile"? >>

Yes that is a real signature. NGC has the facsimile ones. PCGS will soon have ones with real signatures from baseball players.

Expect these to be very expensive.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. "

Bottom

messydesk
Choose Your Title

Friday May 09, 2014 5:41 AM

I may see if PCGS would holder a signed coin as such if I have her sign one at the LB show.

John
President, Society of Silver Dollar Collectors • ImagingPrime number setMy commem set • Imaging at Chicago ANA, table 738

Bottom

BackroadJunkie

Friday May 09, 2014 5:48 AM

<< She has the worst signature ever outside out the medical field. >>

Nah, she just had to have signed her name a LOT.

Back in high school, I got a part time job in a camera store, working in shipping and receiving. The owner had about a dozen shops through the city and suburbs, and all merchandise came though this place before being redistributed to the satellite stores. So I ended up signing my name about 75-100 times per day.

In a matter of two years, my sig went from nice and cursively readable to a scrawl that you could put on paper really fast. It's still like that today. It was actually a problem when I went to close out a bank account when I was in college. I signed the card, and they compared the two, and said they didn't match. I had to ask them to let me try again. Thank goodness they had photo-id's by that time.

Bottom

DCW
Collector

Friday May 09, 2014 6:00 AM

Awful.

Bottom

BackroadJunkie

Friday May 09, 2014 6:06 AM

<<

<< Just so I'm clear, the labels with her signature were actually signed by her? Not an "authorized facsimile"? >>

Yes that is a real signature. NGC has the facsimile ones. PCGS will soon have ones with real signatures from baseball players.

>>

Will one in ten labels come in silver foil and one in a hundred come in gold foil? Maybe they could do one of those prismatic labels. Maybe they could include a stick of gum with every order, and put some wax on the last slab in the box they send you!

Okay, sorry. I'll stop now.

I suspect fans of those individual players are the intended audience, with crossover from the baseball autograph collectors. There are a great many fakes out there, so I suppose PCGS is not only authenticating the coin, but the signature as well. And I guess you'll have to modify the phrase to "Buy the coin and not the label unless it's autographed by a Baseball Hall of Famer..."

Bottom

291fifth
Choose Your Title

Friday May 09, 2014 6:21 AM

A very popular commemorative with the slab signed by the artist will be a hot item as long as the signatures are the real thing.

All glory is fleeting.

Bottom

LindeDad
Choose Your Title

Friday May 09, 2014 7:27 AM

<<

<<

>>

Will one in ten labels come in silver foil and one in a hundred come in gold foil? Maybe they could do one of those prismatic labels. Maybe they could include a stick of gum with every order, and put some wax on the last slab in the box they send you!

Okay, sorry. I'll stop now.

I suspect fans of those individual players are the intended audience, with crossover from the baseball autograph collectors. There are a great many fakes out there, so I suppose PCGS is not only authenticating the coin, but the signature as well. And I guess you'll have to modify the phrase to "Buy the coin and not the label unless it's autographed by a Baseball Hall of Famer..."
>>

Sorry too say this is exactly why I am losing interest in Commemoratives.
More interest in the label than the coin.

Edited: Friday May 09, 2014 at 7:50 AM by LindeDad

Bottom

steveben
Collector

Friday May 09, 2014 8:48 AM

i love how you excepted the medical profession.

Bottom

Lakesammman
Nummmismmatist

Friday May 09, 2014 7:31 PM

Actually, now with an electronic medical record, illegible hand writing is a thing of the past.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity" Baccaruda, 12/03).
Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speety, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns

Bottom

MsMorrisine
Choose Your Title

Friday May 09, 2014 7:40 PM

Signing as much as I did on a few real estate transactions has led me to people that judge how much people sign by how legible their signature is.

My father used to autograph a few pages per day and his signature was letter-for-letter perfectly legible each and every time.

He had a stroke on the writing where I found it easier to try to copy my mother's less legible, but still legible, signature.

And for people providing real autographs, I've always thought it a security feature that they sign one way for autographs and another for personal and formal use. Perhaps the signatory scrawled for a reason.

BST's: me as a buyer: mbogoman, smokincoin, INXS, Raybob15239, 57loaded, Bochiman, wondercoin, drwstr123, weather11am, ianrussell @ gc & seller: wondercoin

Edited: Friday May 09, 2014 at 7:42 PM by MsMorrisine

Bottom

Walkerfan
Veteran

Friday May 09, 2014 7:56 PM

I wouldn't pay extra for that haphazard, lazy, squiggly line. It looks like she initialed rather than signed it!

Walking Liberty Sets

Bottom

19Lyds
Master IKE Collector

Friday May 09, 2014 8:46 PM

Whoa. I just saw a picture of Cassie on a Long Beach Information email and she'll be signing autographs at the Long Beach Show in June.

I might just drive down there, buy a HOF coin, and see if she'll autograph the slab!

All, of course, because I am a pig and she's a babe!

"Ladies….If a Man says he will fix it, he will! There’s no need to remind him every 6 months about it. " My eBay Listings.

Bottom

ajman
Collector

Saturday May 10, 2014 6:02 AM

<< Whoa. I just saw a picture of Cassie on a Long Beach Information email and she'll be signing autographs at the Long Beach Show in June.

I might just drive down there, buy a HOF coin, and see if she'll autograph the slab!

All, of course, because I am a pig and she's a babe!

>>

She reminds me of a young Elvira Mistress of the Dark from the tv show in the 70's.

Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-

Bottom

Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]
FORUMS > U.S. COIN FORUM [ REFRESH ]
View Member Listing | Add To Member Listing

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Terms of Membership

Collectors Universe, Inc., or any subsidiary or affiliate is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any messages.

FuseTalk 3.0 - Copyright © 1999-2002 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.