Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Photobucket heads-up

lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
It appears Photobucket has added a new feature and automatically enabled it. The feature places a URL tag in front of the IMG code we use for posting pictures here. The idea is to make the images clickable, to take you to the Photobucket site.

Problem is, the new code doesn't work with this forum software. So your images will not appear in your post unless you edit-out the URL code (or it will appear with the extraneous URL tag text). Pain in the butt.

I see there is an easy configuration fix.

1) Go to your Photobucket account and log in. Then click your profile name at the very top and choose "User Settings".
2) Notice the different tabs under "Personal Information". Click on "Albums".
3) You'll see a screen similar to below. Uncheck the "link back to albums" box. That will eliminate the URL tagging and give you just the IMG code for posting here.
Lance.

image >>

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks been fighting that bug all day.
    Another case of improving a online site until it almost not worth using.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    be sure the "turn on easy linking mode" is checked (it is not checked in Lance's image). This shows your link code for copying and pasting when viewing your library.

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>be sure the "turn on easy linking mode" is checked (it is not checked in Lance's image). This shows your link code for copying and pasting when viewing your library. >>

Great tip almost makes it like it used to be.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys image
  • Options

<< <i>be sure the "turn on easy linking mode" is checked (it is not checked in Lance's image). This shows your link code for copying and pasting when viewing your library. >>

Sure, you can do that too. Then triple click the image code and control-C it to your clipboard. Not a lot less effort than hovering over the gear icon and clicking "get links", then "image code".
    Lance.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    testing
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lkeigwin:

Thanks very much. You made my life much easier!
    Mark

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for leading us by the hand Lance!! Your a great asset to these boards. Testing with Phil's pic of a new Morgan toner.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checked my setting & it's not checked of. Apparently the default does not have it checked.

Also my rotate image & sort options are not checked of, but the direct link along with the HTML & IMG are checked off.

testing to see if any changes actually occurred since last month.

NOPE...STILL THE SAME AS BEFORE ... FOR ME AT LEAST. NO PROBLEM WITH IMG & eBay HTML's
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Lance !
    Took me long enough to figure out the pic thing...these things can be frustrating !

• Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    Nice tip. Thanks.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Lance that worked... Now I have another problem my new uploads are ending up on page 12 instead of my newest page like I have selected...???? They had to go and change things didn`t they!!!!!

ABimage
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    Hooray!!! Now we can sort all our pictures alphabetically by FILE NAME. One can do so for only new pictures, or for all our old pictures too.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Lance!

Just a test...

• Options

<< <i>Thanks Lance that worked... Now I have another problem my new uploads are ending up on page 12 instead of my newest page like I have selected...???? They had to go and change things didn`t they!!!!!

ABimage >>

Could it be that the "sort order for new albums" is "oldest first"?
    Lance.
  • Options
    Thanks for getting back Lance... I have a total of 39 pages and 2 new uploaded pics ended up on page one then I went to upload 2 more pics and couldn`t find them and tried more pics and I finally found them all on the 12th page in the middle of nowhere and all together mixed in the middle of older pics but not the oldest????? Seems like a bug of some sorts to me unless I have something wrong in the settings... However I have newest in order selected in the drop down list and then I`ll go to check off " Sort all existing albums the same way" and it doesn`t stay checked after I hit the save button???? It` weird and quite the headache as I have spent a few hours messing with it....
    Hope you can help and you can PM me if you prefer if you have any ideas... Thanks I appreciate it...

ABimage
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Lance - very helpful.
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,483 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Lance! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AB, Before uploading, I've been choosing the album that I want the uploads to go into. After upload, choose that album and they should be at the top. Mel
  • Options
    I've been trying to find out what happened here for over two weeks and photobucket support was no help at all. I hope this works. Thanks Lance.
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks...I posted a pic on another forum yesterday and it worked but it had the link on the top of the pic
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
    Becky
  • Options
    The toughest thing for me to get used to is that BEFORE uploading images you MUST to choose the destination folder. I keep forgetting and the default is "Library". A smart enhancement would make the default whatever folder you are viewing before the upload. Simple.

Other stumbling blocks have to do with sorting. In the OP screenshot you'll see it is possible to set a sorting criteria for "new albums". You can select "oldest first", "newest first", "alphabetical by title", or "alphabetical by filename". But unless you check the box below that ("sort all existing albums the same way") it only applies to new albums. (BTW, after you save the changes the check mark is removed from just this box. A cosmetic bug.)

The image "title" is what you assign. If you don't provide one then sorting by title doesn't make sense. Forum member Mozin doesn't give his images titles. His filenames are description enough for him. He was peeved there was no option to sort by filename, initially. Problem solved.

Another way to screw with sorting and misplace images is to muck with the "Organize" button presented on every page (see below). The default is off. If you turn it on you get the same sort options. It is probably a bad idea to do this if you have already set the sort order as above. Maybe this is the problem, AuroraBorealis? Not ruling out a bug, though. Who knows what the software developers coded when there are conflicts in sorting commands. (One thing that is kinda nice about turning on the sort button temporarily is that all the folder images are displayed...no pages. Too bad you can't copy links or figure out the page number for that image you finally found and now want to use.)

BigA - is the stray code above your picture the URL tag discussed in the OP? Sounds like "link back to albums" is checked. If not what precisely is the text? Can't be the same IMG code or you would have had two pictures in your post, right?
    Lance.
    (edit typo)

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    How do you delete more than one picture at a time? You used to check a box of all the ones you wanted to delete, then there was a delete all selected button. Now it seems I have to delete one at a time image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options

<< <i>How do you delete more than one picture at a time? You used to check a box of all the ones you wanted to delete, then there was a delete all selected button. Now it seems I have to delete one at a time image >>

I don't generally delete or move images because I may have posted them and that screws up the old threads. If I want them out of the way I rename them, like "sold 1807 bearded goddess PCGS MS65". They're then sorted to the back of the album.

But I looked around and couldn't find a way to mass delete (short of the entire album). I suppose it's to Photobucket's advantage if you use up your free space and have to go pro.
    Lance.
  • Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Lance. Solved most of my problems. Very helpful.
  • Options
    coindudeonebaycoindudeonebay Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info Lance.
  • Options

well i'm still not able to upload a photo and post on this forum. I'm using an IMAC. This was simpler before all these new enhancements.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, now how do I get it back to the way my albums used to be displayed??
  • Options
    I now know I'm not the only one who is having troubles with this . I'm bout to just give up on trying to figure this out.
  • Options

<< <i>well i'm still not able to upload a photo and post on this forum. I'm using an IMAC. This was simpler before all these new enhancements. >>

What's the problem? I use an iMac as do many more of us.

I'm not big on change either but technology moves along. Enhancements will happen. It's futile to fight it. Might as well try to master it.
    Lance.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well happy i opened this one i was geting image at this one.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank You
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lance can you show me how I can get this Photobucket thing back the way it was and while you're at it can you get me back to the summer of '67.image

No seriously, thank you.
  • Options
    LOL. Sorry, there's no going back. But you should never forget the summer of '67. Procol Harum's A Whiter Shade of Pale, Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady, The Beatles' All You Need Is Love, Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit. At sixteen there were two things on my mind. One was music. The other wasn't coins.

I resisted the new Photobucket code while it was in beta but eventually the testing period ended and Photobucket cut over. I've gotten used to it and I think the rest of us will too.

It's too bad pages are not optional. I don't miss much else. I've tried some other sites like SlickPic. But Photobucket is still the best.
    Lance.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Testing 1,2,3,,,,

image >>

GrandAm, go to the OP and read carefully. Uncheck "link back to albums".
    Lance.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Testing 4,5,6,,,,,

I unchecked everything except IMG Code,,,,,,,, lets see,,,,,,, image

VICTORY!!!!! I was just posting on the BST Forum and had all that garbly gook and rememberd seeing this thread yesterday so I reread it and after a few tries,,,,,, SUCCESS!!!!!

THANKS image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>lkeigwin:

Thanks very much. You made my life much easier! >>

X100!
    Thanks Lance!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    I have had it... What a mess... Tried everything and now my new uploads end up on page 24... Seeing I have 39 pages and two days ago the uploads were ending up on page 12 I have no idea whats happening... I have newest in the library selected for the upload and I have looked at my settings and have wasted hours... image

ABimage
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Testing .. Thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>I have had it... What a mess... Tried everything and now my new uploads end up on page 24... Seeing I have 39 pages and two days ago the uploads were ending up on page 12 I have no idea whats happening... I have newest in the library selected for the upload and I have looked at my settings and have wasted hours... image

ABimage >>

PM sent.
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the help. I'm starting to get a handle on it.
    Larry

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Lance. This post helped me a lot.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have had it... What a mess... Tried everything and now my new uploads end up on page 24... Seeing I have 39 pages and two days ago the uploads were ending up on page 12 I have no idea whats happening... I have newest in the library selected for the upload and I have looked at my settings and have wasted hours... image

ABimage >>

It may not work for you, but what I did was create new, smaller albums. Like OBW Dime rolls, OBW Cent rolls, etc. instead of having all in one album . . . Just a thought . . .

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    If anyone is having trouble with sorting by date see this thread. Photobucket changed from sorting by upload date to sorting by the photo's date.
    Lance.
  • Options
    SLQSLQ Posts: 311 ✭✭
    Thanks for this heads up. Very helpful.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT: image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,483 ✭✭✭✭
    Photobuckets "latest" modification is to not even display the screen!

Of course, when this happens, you're at their mercy since you can't even get to the Help page.

Oh well.............
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file