Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dear eBay customers: gee, sorry, I'd love to package and ship your stuff, but...

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
... there seems to be something in the way right now.

(Seriously, though, everybody who's paid up on eBay had their stuff shipped yesterday.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have cows in Nebraska. No bull. However, I can't use that excuse. LOL
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Options
    Oh, hey, Becky.

Speaking of semi-OT photo posts, I added a picture of Victoria to the collection thread over on the Darkside, where you'd asked about one. (Not exactly new but newER, anyway.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually, the sound of a can openner will get a cat to quickly move.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

I'm reminded of Johnny Carson's response to Ms. Gabor's question on the Late Show once......"move that darn cat!"
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    That's Poof.

She just returned from the vet the other day, after we got her repaired. (i.e., "fixed"). So she has a shaved belly and is currently snoozin' out on top of the remnants of my love token collection. Hasn't moved since the picture was taken. She's recovering nicely and resting up before she goes all Ninjacat again and resumes bug hunting.

PS- for any of you who ever got an envelope from me that had cat hair stuck to the tape, or heaven forbid, inside one of the coin flips, wonder no more. Mystery solved.

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty kitty
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options

<< <i>Usually, the sound of a can openner will get a cat to quickly move.image >>

Yep. That did the trick. Just opened a can of soup for my lunch and I was suddenly besieged. There was a multiple-cat frenzy goin' on around my ankles.

Not a very well behaved one, either. Started hissin' at each other. (Not baby Poofie, but the others.) I had to (gently) kick Lily the orange one away.

Somebody please salvage this hopelessly OT thread by posting a coin with a cat of some kind on it.

Edit- oh, hey- I've got one.

No, wait... two, actually.

This second one an Anglo-Gallic "Leopard" denier of Edward I "Longshanks".

(Yes, that's a cat, or some 13th century die engraver's impression of a leopard, anyway.)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really interesting markings on her face....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice kitty, whats her name? image
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so if non-usa coins is off-topic on the darkside

animals are what, wildside?

it is hilarious that animals almost always want to sleep right where we focus a lot of our attention. guess they figure if that spot is good enough for our attention, it is good enough for them to sleep safe?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can openers and cans popping must be something that is genetically wired in cats somehow. My cats rarely if ever get canned cat food, but I tell you they run when they hear the can opener or hear a can popping open.

I have two dogs, one a year old and the other one is 15 - they are so much better at cleaning up in the kitchen than all my kids are.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    She's got some nice subtle whites, i'd grade her MS64.
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

<< <i>She's got some nice subtle whites, i'd grade her MS64. >>

I don't know, the milk spots might down grade some.image
    Paul
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>She's got some nice subtle whites, i'd grade her MS64. >>

I don't know, the milk spots might down grade some.image >>

how about the toning around the edges?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    i have a cat that will only respond to one sound... the rattling of paper. if i take a small piece of paper and roll it into a small ball, she is immediately within sight, ive had her for 18 years and to this day if i rattle paper, she comes tearing through the house
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee, I wonder why the LED panel on my printer is flashing the message: "OUTPUT TRAY FULL"? image

This is Jasmine - we got her from the local animal shelter a year ago when she was about five months old. She's fit in fine with our other three cats (and two German Shepherds).

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're trying to tone them, use the oven. image
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smart cat! Already has learned how to jimmy the rings in the binder with her paw.
  • Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    Nice coins (cat) Rob

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭✭
    Cute Kitty Holey man! Here's my guard Cat:

• Options

<< <i>Gee, I wonder why the LED panel on my printer is flashing the message: "OUTPUT TRAY FULL"? image

This is Jasmine - we got her from the local animal shelter a year ago when she was about five months old. She's fit in fine with our other three cats (and two German Shepherds). >>

She's gorgeous. image

Looks like our big Maine Coon cat, Tater, who disappeared in December. image

Ladymarcovan just looked at that picture and said, "Awww, Tater!!!"

I fear this thread is beyond redemption, but c'mon, surely somebody else has more cat coins. Or at least cat pictures with coins in them.

There are lots more modern issues with cats on 'em beside the ancient and medieval examples I posted. Isle of Man comes to mind.

I can't think of a United States coin with a cat, except maybe the Vermont commemorative half?

• Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Usually, the sound of a can openner will get a cat to quickly move.image >>

OR . . . the sound of chopsticks ! ! ! image

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's Poof.

She just returned from the vet the other day, after we got her repaired. (i.e., "fixed"). So she has a shaved belly and is currently snoozin' out on top of the remnants of my love token collection. Hasn't moved since the picture was taken. She's recovering nicely and resting up before she goes all Ninjacat again and resumes bug hunting.

PS- for any of you who ever got an envelope from me that had cat hair stuck to the tape, or heaven forbid, inside one of the coin flips, wonder no more. Mystery solved. >>

Vet bills will eat into the coin budget. You might google that "how to" kind of stuff in the future and save yourself some money. I did.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options

<< <i>Vet bills will eat into the coin budget. You might google that "how to" kind of stuff in the future and save yourself some money. I did. >>

Does anyone seriously think I would attempt to spay or neuter my own cats? Eew. No thank you very much.

Ladymarcovan said she used to neuter male cats when they were on the farm. Something involving holding them upside down in a plastic bucket.

Not even with a strong stomach and a suit of chainmail would I attempt that.

• Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Vet bills will eat into the coin budget. You might google that "how to" kind of stuff in the future and save yourself some money. I did. >>

Does anyone seriously think I would attempt to spay or neuter my own cats? Eew. No thank you very much.

Ladymarcovan said she used to neuter male cats when they were on the farm. Something involving holding them upside down in a plastic bucket.

Not even with a strong stomach and a suit of chainmail would I attempt that. >>

Me too, so I did the next best thing and didn't buy a cat. image
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options

<< <i>Cute Kitty Holey man! Here's my guard Cat:

image >>

i KNEW i recognized that cat from somewhere!

• Options

• Options
    WinLoseWinWinLoseWin Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ack!!!

lordmarcovan wrote:

<< <i>Ladymarcovan said she used to neuter male cats when they were on the farm. Something involving holding them upside down in a plastic bucket. >>

Please be very, very nice to Ladymarcovan. We prefer that you continue to be around here as Lordmarcovan.

And now for something off-topic; a coin:

"To Be Esteemed Be Useful" - 1792 Birch Cent --- "I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain." - Lily Tomlin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file