Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lowest order # is 38324XXX - can you beat that? If so, post it here!

claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
I'll update the high and low numbers in the first post, so you do not have to wade through it all. If you can't beat the high or low, don't post.

Here's waht I got so far:

LOW # 38324XXX

HIFH# 38400XXX

Difference 76,000

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    38329xxx - that was about one hour into the mess.
    Regards,

Jim
  • Options
    LmmanLmman Posts: 156 ✭✭
    38365xxx finaly made it through checkout
    Donavan
  • Options
    Well i got the above poster beat...I got the low so far of 38328xxx
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lowest so far

38327xxx @ 12:19

• Options
    USMoneyloverUSMoneylover Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    38324 is my order mwhaha
    Finest Coins and Relics
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nevermind
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    radiomanradioman Posts: 763 ✭✭✭
    5 sets 3836xxxx
  • Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

38324 is the lowest number I have seen (don't think you will see any lower . . .MHO)

my # 38325 was at/done at 9.05 (time stamp on e-mail from US MINT)

BLESSINGS

(I'm sure all gone by now image)
  • Options
    partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
    38368xxx
    If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?
  • Options
    CoinshowmanCoinshowman Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    383720xx
    Successful Forum transactions in the last couple of years with: jwitten, liefgold, goldcoin98. Older transactions with shortrgapbob, abitofthisabitofthat, Duxbutt, Morgansforever, Elkevvo, Dunerlaw, Pwrful4, Billet7, AUandAG, pragmaticgoat, MPLunatic, Rob41281, holeinone1972, AnkurJ, OregonCityGold, Inditonka, Colorfulcoins, cohodk, Mission16, kieferscoins
  • Options
    383724**, I totally forgot until just now, the site was pretty slow.
  • Options
    38372xxx
  • Options
    From the mint web site:

Waiting List Notice: The number of orders we have taken meets the maximum limit for the 2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set. You may still place an order for this product, which will go on a waiting list. If a product becomes available due to an order cancellation, we will fulfill orders from the waiting list on a first-in, first-served basis. We cannot provide information about your position on the waiting list
  • Options
    38374xxx
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got your lowest right here, #38324xxx @ 10:00.
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>From the mint web site:

Waiting List Notice: The number of orders we have taken meets the maximum limit for the 2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set. You may still place an order for this product, which will go on a waiting list. If a product becomes available due to an order cancellation, we will fulfill orders from the waiting list on a first-in, first-served basis. We cannot provide information about your position on the waiting list >>

I ordered mine directly on the Mint's phone order line about 20 min. ago. Their web site said "backordered" so I asked the clerk about my order. She said they ARE still in stock (this was about 1:30 PM Pac. Time) and I will get them in 1-2 weeks. image
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Waiting List Notice: The number of orders we have taken meets the maximum limit for the 2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set. You may still place an order for this product, which will go on a waiting list. If a product becomes available due to an order cancellation, we will fulfill orders from the waiting list on a first-in, first-served basis. We cannot provide information about your position on the waiting list >>

I ordered mine directly on the Mint's phone order line about 20 min. ago. Their web site said "backordered" so I asked the clerk about my order. She said they ARE still in stock (this was about 1:30 PM Pac. Time) and I will get them in 1-2 weeks. image >>

Every order is backordered (from order #1)
    They are sold out according to the website. So you probably got one of the last orders in image
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭

<< <i>

I ordered mine directly on the Mint's phone order line about 20 min. ago. Their web site said "backordered" so I asked the clerk about my order. She said they ARE still in stock (this was about 1:30 PM Pac. Time) and I will get them in 1-2 weeks. image >>

The poor phone workers are usually the last to know but I'm pulling for you. I believe sellout happened after 38365xxx but that is just my opinion.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one that went through pretty late in the day: 383749**
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>38372xxx >>

i also got 38372xxx
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received this in an email from the mint:
    #38372xxx

don't know if there will be a cancellation to follow or if I got in under the closing gate
  • Options
    My first order: low 38327xxx
    My last (5th) order: low 38330xxx
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low one I saw on an *OFFICIAL* thread was 38324***
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

@ 1: 16 PM today...
    Order for 5 sets =

38336xxx

...it only took me two operating systems
    two computers ... and loosing my patience
    numerous times for an hour and a quarter.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options

<< <i>I received this in an email from the mint:
    #38372xxx

don't know if there will be a cancellation to follow or if I got in under the closing gate >>

I might be out of luck, the order status on the mint web site states: Order Status: Your order request has been suspended.

I'm not sure if that means I was after the wait list message or ???
  • Options
    JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    3838xxxx
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    as of 4:53 PM est I have order #38376XXX
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    My lowest is 38325 at 12:07
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Posts: 527 ✭✭✭✭
    My five: #38383xxx

Hope I get them!
    Successful BST: dmwjr, ike126, bajjerfan, morganman94, sonoradesertrat, 12voltman, duiguy, gsaguy, gsa1fan, martin, coinfame, zas107, bothuwui, gerard, kccoin, jtwitten, robcool, coinscoins, mountain_goat, and a few more.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

#38372xxx

don't know if there will be a cancellation to follow or if I got in under the closing gate >>

I might be out of luck, the order status on the mint web site states: Order Status: Your order request has been suspended.

I'm not sure if that means I was after the wait list message or ??? >>

suspension normally is a result of violating ordering protocol. Maybe two orders placed by accident? Lot of accidents with that crazy website.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered 2 sets at 6-ish pm est with email confirmation - 38390xxx

JH
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    1 set back ordered 38392XXX placed after 6pm EST
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Finally got my second order in at about 5:15-5:30....but battled like hell to get that one in...

order #3838XXX

I also noticed on the order I placed at 2ish this afternoon showed "Backordered 11/10/11"....my last order shows "Backordered 11/11/11" Should I worry about the second order I placed? Got email confirms on both, and no notice about a waiting list, but wonder if the 11/11/11 order is going to get punted...opinions?
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    6:22pm 38393*** second order had a window that let me in.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    Harry779Harry779 Posts: 902 ✭✭
    about 1:30 PM EST

number: 38339xxx
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOW #38381xxx
    MID #38385xxx
    HI #38386xxx

Hope I get them... This was a tuff one went in to over time for me.WOW is all I can say.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Wait list went up at approx 4:30 est.
    my order # then was 38372xxx just under the wire
    had a buddy put in an order at 700 est. order was 38399xxx
    that means that there are about 27,000 wait list orders already
  • Options
    5 separate orders

#: 38337xxx @1:16PM
    #: 38345xxx
    #: 38346xxx
    #: 38349xxx
    #: 38350xxx @2:37PM

total time was 1 hour 21 minutes. About 13,000 orders in that time.
  • Options
    SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭
    Just ordered 5 minutes ago.

384009XXimage
    Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • Options
    I get 76000!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    You guys better be praying the mint catches a lot of double orders, other wise all the ones bought after 4:30 ish are toast!
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    What are the chances that the Mint in their typical bleeding heart way changes the maximum houshold limit to 2 or 3 to be "fair"?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

#38372xxx

suspension normally is a result of violating ordering protocol. Maybe two orders placed by accident? Lot of accidents with that crazy website. >>

After calling the mint probably 35 times, only to fall into the busy signal after pressing #2, I finally got on hold to talk with a representative. 45 minutes on hold, I find out that many orders are showing a status of suspended today, they think it has to do with the overloaded server(s). I will be surprised if I actually get them.
  • Options
    Can anybody beat 38324XXX with a lower number?

How about numbers with confirmation e-mails on the high side?

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

#38372xxx

suspension normally is a result of violating ordering protocol. Maybe two orders placed by accident? Lot of accidents with that crazy website. >>

After calling the mint probably 35 times, only to fall into the busy signal after pressing #2, I finally got on hold to talk with a representative. 45 minutes on hold, I find out that many orders are showing a status of suspended today, they think it has to do with the overloaded server(s). I will be surprised if I actually get them. >>

Listen guys, Order Status Suspended is part of the normal ordering process. It doesn't mean you're getting kicked outta school or that there is necessarily a problem.

From the US mint's "former" FAQ section:

The different order statuses are Your Order is in Process, Your Order Request is Completed, There is a Problem Processing Your Order ,Your Order was Cancelled and Your Order is Suspended. For more detailed information regarding these shipping statuses, please refer to the questions and answers related to each status by clicking on the links.

Elsewhere, they state
    "Orders can be in a temporary status of; suspended (S), error (E) or held (H) during the normal order processing period. If your order is still in one of these statuses after 7 business days, please contact customer service at 1-800-USA-MINT (6468)."

It was very common in the old days to have an order occassionally pop up here and there with this status. Every time people would freak out and others would suggest the worst. If your status shows suspended and you're worried about that, make a phone call for piece of mind...
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just ordered 5 minutes ago.

384009XXimage >>

38411XXX <<----- beat that.
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    Here's waht I got so far: LOW # 38324XXX

There's got to be lower numbers than that. My order finally went through approximately 3 hours after the mint announced that they were sold out. My order would be at 58,000 by that number above.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, here is what I think image

I think a great many of the people with "Waiting List" orders will get them filled. image

I think the Mint got tired of the Web Site backup and the phones being jammed and put up the "SOLD OUT SIGN" to ease up the pressure.

Everybody wanted to go home. It was 5:00 PM. The sold -out sign went up right at 5:00 PM as my son was ordering at that time and that is when it showed up. The Mint can't afford the overtime image

Back on the 20th Anniversary Set I had an order on the wait list and I got it.

Keep your fingers crossed if you are on the list image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OK, here is what I think image

I think a great many of the people with "Waiting List" orders will get them filled. image

I think the Mint got tired of the Web Site backup and the phones being jammed and put up the "SOLD OUT SIGN" to ease up the pressure.

Everybody wanted to go home. It was 5:00 PM. The sold -out sign went up right at 5:00 PM as my son was ordering at that time and that is when it showed up. The Mint can't afford the overtime image

Back on the 20th Anniversary Set I had an order on the wait list and I got it.

Keep your fingers crossed if you are on the list image

GrandAm image >>

How far into the wait list were you on the 20th sets? Of course there were 250k of those.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file