Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ASE Anniversary resale speculation?

commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
I know there are multiple threads on the ASE set and a few people have touched on this, but what is the general consensus on what the resale price of the $300 set will do? Is it worth buying them for resale in the near future (or down the line). I've heard a lot of people saying that $300 is high for "bullion"...but I am just curious.
Sorry if this is a repeat question...or if people are getting sick of reading about this image

Comments

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...the actual question that I'm asking myself is this: At #300/set, what is your potential downside?!? I'm not seeing much if any...so I'm buying.

And I've never flipped anything in the past...what I buy, I keep.
  • Options
    at that price and the demand for these sets, $300 may be a steal a month from now. The 20th anniv sets stayed high for a good while.
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,913 ✭✭✭✭
    image Merry Christmas from the US Mint aka Santa Claus in this case!
  • Options
    I was gonna buy 2 (1 to keep and 1 to flip) but if I'm able to get in I'll buy the max (5) and flip 4 of them ASAP.
  • Options
    I dont know why I didnt even think to look up ebay presales...
    I am getting 5 and doing segoja's deal from the BST. Then I was thinking of getting another 5 through my girlfriend and just not opening them and flipping the 5...
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I dont know why I didnt even think to look up ebay presales...
    I am getting 5 and doing segoja's deal from the BST. Then I was thinking of getting another 5 through my girlfriend and just not opening them and flipping the 5... >>

Yeah, I'm doing the segoja deal too, easy peezy lemon squeezy.

By the time everyone gets delivery of their sets, 20% premium for ungraded sets will be the norm, I think.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm doing the segoja deal too, easy peezy lemon squeezy

I thought about it but if I wanted a set I would rather have a set in OGP than a picked over PCGS set. OGP will do better than PCGS 68/69 sets. I'm going for all cash and buying what I want.
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, I'm doing the segoja deal too, easy peezy lemon squeezy

I thought about it but if I wanted a set I would rather have a set in OGP than a picked over PCGS set. OGP will do better than PCGS 68/69 sets. I'm going for all cash and buying what I want. >>

Good thinking on your part. I don't collect 'em, I'm just looking for easy, no effort money, I admit it, I'm kicking a field goal, I ain't trying to score a touchdown and maximize.

Good luck to all next Thurs.
  • Options

<< <i>By the time everyone gets delivery of their sets, 20% premium for ungraded sets will be the norm, I think. >>

I think it will be much more than 20% after the sell-out/delivery (around Thanksgiving).

I mint sealed box should bring a 50% premium easy. That's only $450. image
  • Options
    Ya, I feel like around thanksgiving Christmas it would be over 20% too...especially if they sell out fast, which seems is going to happen
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, I'm doing the segoja deal too, easy peezy lemon squeezy

I thought about it but if I wanted a set I would rather have a set in OGP than a picked over PCGS set. OGP will do better than PCGS 68/69 sets. I'm going for all cash and buying what I want. >>

Sorry, but whats OGP?

*edit...Im assuming original package?
  • Options
    silverman68silverman68 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

<< <i>at that price and the demand for these sets, $300 may be a steal a month from now. The 20th anniv sets stayed high for a good while. >>

Absolutely right. I would guess over $800 quickly and would not agree to sell to a dealer in advance.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>at that price and the demand for these sets, $300 may be a steal a month from now. The 20th anniv sets stayed high for a good while. >>

Absolutely right. I would guess over $800 quickly and would not agree to sell to a dealer in advance. >>

You think the sets will sell for over $800 a piece??
  • Options
    silverman68silverman68 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Absolutely right. I would guess over $800 quickly and would not agree to sell to a dealer in advance. >>

You think the sets will sell for over $800 a piece?? >>

Sealed box from the Mint? Yes. If you could get 5 sets in seperate boxes that would be excellent but it may be tough getting 5 individual orders through.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

You think the sets will sell for over $800 a piece?? >>

Sealed box from the Mint? Yes. If you could get 5 sets in seperate boxes that would be excellent but it may be tough getting 5 individual orders through. >>

Ya, Id imagine that would be pretty hard.
    I'm going to buy 5 right away, then maybe try one at a time for the other 5
  • Options
    Well, the proof will be in the pudding when pre-sale listings on feebay have descriptions that include "Confirmed order #123456XX".

After that comes the feebay listings when orders are in-hand.

There is so small an amount of pre-sales, though, that I wonder about demand.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought about buying a couple of pre-sales, quite possible I'll never get through to the mint.

EDIT: Problem with persale, if the seller buys 5 in one box, and sells induvidually
    the sets can't get the designation.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    Ya, I was debating doing a pre-sale on ebay...but my gut tells me the demand will be higher post-sell out and closer to the holidays...anyone else agree with this?
    I mean, either way I don't think there would be any way to LOSE money in the short term by buying a bunch of sets
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the prices is set.

2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set (A25)

Price: $299.95 Remind Me?

This product will be available for sale
    on October 27, 2011 at 12:00 Noon (ET).

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, OP.......why the forum ID change?

"previous username: unbrok3n"

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>So, OP.......why the forum ID change?

"previous username: unbrok3n" >>

I had made a username here years ago...since I am kind of "starting over" as a collector I decided to start over with the ID I use everywhere now, and not the one I used when I was 15 image
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know there are multiple threads on the ASE set and a few people have touched on this,... Sorry if this is a repeat question...or if people are getting sick of reading about this image >>

So why start a new one?
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's free!!!image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I know there are multiple threads on the ASE set and a few people have touched on this,... Sorry if this is a repeat question...or if people are getting sick of reading about this image >>

So why start a new one? >>

Because I haven't seen a thread dedicated to this...and reading through 30 pages on the other ones to find one or 2 comments was getting tedious image
    Just wanted some feedback dedicated to what people think these sets will go for in the near future...and whether it's worth it to buy as many as possible or not
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

So why start a new one? >>

Because I haven't seen a thread dedicated to this...and reading through 30 pages on the other ones to find one or 2 comments was getting tedious image >>

You think "the" thread isn't "dedicated to this"? image
  • Options
    "the" thread was mostly made up of speculating how much the sets would cost and a bunch of stuff about first strikes...not much about resale that I saw..
  • Options

<< <i>and reading through 30 pages on the other ones to find one or 2 comments was getting tedious image
    >>

Srlsy? 30 pages is tedious? Check out the monster 720 page ATB 2010 bullion thread where every opinion, editorial, criticism, thought, bash, Are you are f------ insane? question posed, consummated in the mega of US mint flips for many list members here.

I don't think this flip is going to come close to that.

MHO.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>and reading through 30 pages on the other ones to find one or 2 comments was getting tedious image
    >>

Srlsy? 30 pages is tedious? Check out the monster 720 page ATB 2010 bullion thread where every opinion, editorial, criticism, thought, bash, Are you are f------ insane? question posed, consummated in the mega of US mint flips for many list members here.

I don't think this flip is going to come close to that.

MHO. >>

image First that thread will always be Legendary, the knowledge and time spent learning was just unreal. I remember in the beginning NOT liking the flippers at all and by the middle of that thread I was one of them. Never sold a coin before and with all the help from everyone who posted in that thread I learned. Plus as a newbie I got to know not only the old wise ones but all the other newbies just like me. Thanks to all of those who posted in the mega thread I had a blast in my first flipping experience and hope this will be another good lesson, just not as profitable. I did see miles and others are going a different route with these and it will be fun to see this all play out Good luck all catching a flight to Calif at 5 that night so hope to get my orders in quick. Enjoy image 778 pages full of information .learn how to flip and why rofl
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    I agree....flips like this should be concentrated in 1 thread....to do a new thread every time there is a question, because one is too lazy to read the main thread, is to do a dis-service to everyone else and is pretty selfish.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>I agree....flips like this should be concentrated in 1 thread....to do a new thread every time there is a question, because one is too lazy to read the main thread, is to do a dis-service to everyone else and is pretty selfish. >>

It's a dis-service to start a thread in a forum? I'm confused. The main thread had nothing in the title about resale or future value. It was information about the "launch".
    I read through the whole discussion and saw no real opinion on this question, so I started a new thread...

Sorry if this thread offended anyone...
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I agree....flips like this should be concentrated in 1 thread....to do a new thread every time there is a question, because one is too lazy to read the main thread, is to do a dis-service to everyone else and is pretty selfish. >>

Didn't YOU just start ANOTHER 25th thread yourself? Hypocrisy re-defined!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>

Didn't YOU just start ANOTHER 25th thread yourself? Hypocrisy re-defined! >>

And it's a carbon copy of the thread that I was supposedly ripping off and doing a dis-service towards...hmm
  • Options

<< <i>

Call it what you will....it was done to try to consolidate.
    But, when all you care about is the greed and the flip, I guess you fail to see that.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Call it what you will....it was done to try to consolidate.
    But, when all you care about is the greed and the flip, I guess you fail to see that. >>

When did I ever say all I care about is the greed and the flip?
    I asked about how the value of these will fluctuate after the release...something I know anyone buying more than one is interested in...
    I'm not greedy, just asked a simple question.
    And someone just asked the same question in your new repeat thread, and you didn't attack them as being greedy, lazy, a dis-service, and selfish.
    Not sure what I said or did...
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Come on guys, can't we all just get along?
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

It's a dis-service to start a thread in a forum? I'm confused. The main thread had nothing in the title about resale or future value. It was information about the "launch".
    I read through the whole discussion and saw no real opinion on this question, so I started a new thread...

Sorry if this thread offended anyone... >>

You did the right thing. Who wants to sort thru 30 or more pages of drivel for a few comments and then a week later try to remember where you saw it? Not I said the Little Red Hen.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭✭
    Folks don't sell early .. in 2006 the 3pc silver Anniv set went in NGC 70.. .for 1700 - 2800 per set.. just a PCGS Rev prf 70 went for 5600.00..

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Folks don't sell early .. in 2006 the 3pc silver Anniv set went in NGC 70.. .for 1700 - 2800 per set.. just a PCGS Rev prf 70 went for 5600.00.. >>

I agree, anyone selling a sealed 5 set box to a dealer for a few hundred profit is going to regret it. This will be "the" issue of the year.

Along with 2 Key coins and a "modest" mintage when it comes to SAE collectors.

Don't forget 1 oz Lunar Dragons have a 300,000 mintage and they are $100 ish (and that is Series 2).

This set is made once and only once ... and as sets get tucked away into collectors vaults there will less supply and more demand
    a new collectors get into the game and pursue the "S" SAE or Rev Proof.

I thank anyone conflating these with 2010 ATBs just don't get it. SAEs are 25 years and counting. Only 100,000 collectors can EVER own 2 of the issues (we hope).
    AND THEY ARE BOTH IN THIS SET.

Keep em sealed* and KEEP EM.

* you know you can't image

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Great advice! The more of us that do that will drive the price even higher.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭✭
    look at the 25th anniv thread .. larger now than 2006s at the same time , before release.. big demand Thurs and later for resale.. NGC 70 sets will top 3,000 and more for PCGS
  • Options
    What payment forms are accepted by the mint other than a cc?
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>What payment forms are accepted by the mint other than a cc? >>

e-gift certs, but I think the biggest they offer is $200.00

I buy them for the people who buy for me. so they have to put out as much money and I get the CC rewards.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Keep em sealed* and KEEP EM.

* you know you can't image >>

You called it....
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    So do I have to purchase all 5 at once or can i do 5 seperate orders under seperate cards?
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<What payment forms are accepted by the mint other than a cc?>>

I think that's it...since this isn't a snail mail offer, I'm assuming that checks are not accepted.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file