Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1795 Dollar.......Offer an opinion as to grade.

relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm considering adding this to the Anacs photo certificate set. Care to offer a grade and opinion.

Sellers photos are not the best.

imageimage
Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Comments

• Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    VG-8/10.
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm no expert on these, but I'll bite. If it's real, VG-8...
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solid rim. Nice even wear. VG08 or even 10.

I like it!

peacockcoins

• Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    I'd go VG10.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think VG10 as well with the reverse carrying past an 8.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭
    F12 now, maybe VG10 in the past
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    f-12

Tom

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    I was checking out this item too. My hesitation came from those darker marks on the obverse. Not quite sure what those are. Looks like it has nice coloring though. Seemed a little strange it was removed from the photo cert holder though.
  • Options
    numobrinumobri Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

VG tops.

Brian
    NUMO
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    F12 or 15 cleaned
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VG08...
  • Options

<< <i>I was checking out this item too. My hesitation came from those darker marks on the obverse. Not quite sure what those are. Looks like it has nice coloring though. Seemed a little strange it was removed from the photo cert holder though. >>

It was never in a holder that we think of today. It was graded and photographed by anacs and then placed in a flip, not sealed in anyway. I am trying to put togeter a type set with nothing but old anacs photo certs, and this would be a nice addition to the set I think.

I don't know much about the market on these early dollars. What is a fair offer to make to the seller?

Thanks.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VG8
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming it has no "Genuine" negatives, I'll go with VG10. It has better eagle details than my F12, but the obverse looks more VG10ish, so the obverse wins. It looks to have decent eye and forehead hair details, so who knows, it could go F12 on a good day.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine-12 sharpness, but the surfaces and toning do not look original.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BXBOY143BXBOY143 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm no expert on these, but I'll bite. If it's real, VG-8... >>

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VG10.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

<< <i>Fine-12 sharpness, but the surfaces and toning do not look original. >>

I bet you would be hard pressed to find any 1795 Dollar that is totally and absolutely original. I mean 215 years is a long time for a coin not to have been wiped/dipped/cleaned in some fashion.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice dollar, but I see no photo certificate. Once removed, not the same.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

<< <i>Nice dollar, but I see no photo certificate. Once removed, not the same.

bob >>

You mean this?

• Options
    tjc2120tjc2120 Posts: 714
    I like it and would go for it. Great addition to your set. Although to be fair, that is the only ANACS 1795 dollar I have ever seen.
    "spot on my UHR, nevermind, I wiped it off"
  • Options
    Thats a pretty coin. Looks like a VG+ coin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file