Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Its Friday and the weekend is here.....please post anything you like in honor of Chad Williford (Sil

coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
I usually say its Friday and the weekend is here so post anything you want that has to do with numismatic, that is.

But this weekend lets post in honer of Chad.

Here's one for you Chad

Comments

• Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

• Options
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimage
    imageimage

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162

Some say that everything happens for a reason. Tough to figure this one out though. image
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larry

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a coin that I purcahsed raw at a show in Auburn, MA in 2007 and I sold it to Chad as a G6 in 2008. He was concerned about the planchet flaws near the edge, but I told him PCGS would grade the coin. It came back in a PCGS holder as VG8. Later, he needed to raise some quick cash and so the coin was sold, but he regretted selling it and posted on the boards that he missed the coin and that it might have been his favorite piece. Opportunity knocked on his door and he purchased the coin again, only to be forced a short while later to again list it for sale. I purchased the coin from him, but told him to keep the coin as a gift from me to him; he was quite touched by the gesture. Later, in another financial pinch, he was again forced to sell the coin. If anyone on the boards knows the whereabouts of the coin, I would purchase it again in his memory.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some nice pieces.

I have to admit TomB's post has me a little choked up.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    One of the bullion pieces I sold to him in late March or early April . . .

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imaged this for Chad a couple of years ago. I'm glad I kept some of his coins on the computer.

RIP Chad. image

• Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the crusty and original 1824 Bustie I sold him last November.........he was so happy when he got this one.

I miss our long chats about CBHs image

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the following 1921 Peace Dollar in PCGS VF35 offered on the BST sometime last year at what I thought was a very fair price. I had acquired it in a trade and was just trying to clean up my collection a bit. Instead of just buying the coin because of the price, Chad sent me a PM asking me if I could provide better close up images. Then, after studying the close up photos (below), Chad messaged me back and said although the coin was at a very fair price but based on what he was seeing in the images he was going to pass on the coin. I really respected that he was disciplined enough to pass on something that wasn't all there in his opinion even at a bargain price. I know I didn't have that sort of patience in my buying at his age.

I also sold Chad a roll of "junk" Morgan Dollars on the BST once and this was the reply I received in PM upon his receipt of the coins:

"Hey Mike,

The morgans came today - the tube exploded in transit, but all is well image

Chad"

I had packed them in the tube well, but apparently forgot to tape the tube closed... I've double checked my packing ever since image
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭

• Options
    pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    I mark this weekend as the first time I've felt truly bad about being unable to post a picture.

This young man was impossible not to like. image
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    Good choice, WJ ! image
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverEagles92 would most probably like to see some Liberty gold as he was attempting a long term as his budget allowed $2 1/2 through $20 type set.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't really silver, of course, but it's the closest I have. Chad's memory will always stay alive in the hearts of those who love him.

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if he collected rare bank notes... But I think this would've cheered him up.
    imageimage
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Photos by Broadstruck / Coins by Commemdude - in memory of a fine young man.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole idea of such a young man passing saddens me greatly ... TomB's post chokes me up ...

Unfortunately I did not know Chad, and when I first read the initial posts as I was catching up on the weeks events, I was truely saddened.

I was also very surprised, as I had long enjoyed his posts and would have never guessed his age from them.

My condolenses to his family and his friends ... I can not imagine if it was one of mine, who are all in the same range of ages.

Here's something from 100 years before his birth

imageimage

RIP Chad ...

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file