Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

HEY! I JUST MADE a 1962-D 25c in MS67...PIX ADDED!

... and it is a stunning rainbow to boot!image
"Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
and they're cold.
I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
Mary

Best Franklin Website

Comments

• Options
    Pictures! I want to see pictures!
    congratulations
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Congratulations!!

-Paul
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    imagecongrats
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    Congrats and lets see a picture
    "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making new discoveries" -A.A. Milne
  • Options
    I assume you mean PCGS of course. But even an NGC would be a super score! Yes, we gotta see pictures. Congratulations, big time!
    A lie told often enough becomes the truth. ~Vladimir Lenin
  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    image Pictures Please!
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    pcgs price guide $11,500 image

sweet score. we need picsimage
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    That ther is a Pop 2/0 coin image

Pictures please and thanks for the giveaway image

Congrats image
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super score.Would like to see picture.

Al
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    I meant to add, it seems that it would put the other MS-67 to shame as far as eye-appeal goes.

Check it out here: Top Washington Registry Set
  • Options
    I didn't take any pix b4 I sent it out (my pix suk anyway), so it will be a few days b4 I can properly show it off. Trust me, it is a drooler!!
    and they're cold.
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    Grats.

S
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BM: Congratulations. I slabbed the pop 1/0 coin a few years ago but elected to sell it as it did not fit into the toned collection I was holding onto. If you decide to sell this toned coin, please let me know what auction you might place it in. Otherwise, ENJOY!!

Wondercoin image
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Congrats image
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CONGRATULATIONS, Bushie!!! When you get around to it some pix would be real nice.

So, you gonna' plow the earnings into some Frankies... or has the wifey already made demands upon the proceeds? image
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Congratulations on your score Greg!

That's a heck of an achievment! image

I can't wait to see this beauty!
  • Options
    Congratulations!

Where did this coin come from?
  • Options

<< <i>Congratulations!

Where did this coin come from? >>

Denver.image

I submitted this coin thru the Teletrade/PCGS program. It's going to be in the Oct 27 auction Mitch, so have at it!

Thanks for all the congrats, guys!
    and they're cold.
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options

WoW.......image
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up - I'll stop by Teletrade next week to have a look at it.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    It's even prettier than I rembered it!

and they're cold.
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    Wow BM you wern't kidding, that is a stunner!

Congratulations!

edit to add: I would expect that coin to bring a very strong price...good luck!
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Wow... nice coin !
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's even prettier than I rembered it!

But I'll tell you what... I'm not exactly impressed with Teletrades write up! I consign a key date pop.2 coin and get zip for a description?
    No, I am not happy at all about that. >>

I was under the impression that consignors write their own descriptions. Perhaps a call to Teletrade is in order.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Whoops! My Mistake!

I'd call them anyway Bushy!~
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bushmater, where did you get the coin? From an after-market mint set holder?
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    I bought it in a standard cardboard 2x2. Where it was b4 that is anybody's guess.
    and they're cold.
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    anyone ever tell you YOU SUCK
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad for Modern Crap... image
  • Options
    Thats a wonderful coin with exceptional toning!!! A+ for the Bushmaster image
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    Yes, you truly suck ..........

i would guess that coin would bring over 15,000$ - but why let Teletrade take a big chunk of that ? Your max. buyback fee would be a paltry 100$

You buy it back and sell it to Wondercoin or the likes outright and you don't have to fork over any juice.

Besides, Teletrade did not see fit to write up a nice description .........and their pictures as of lately suck real bad .

You got to make your hay when you can man ; you probly paid less then 50$ for the piece at a coin show and you stand to make

over 10 grand profit ...............sheet like this don't happen often in a lifetime I can assure you...........

milk it for all you can .

p.s. - since your ego got involved and you saw fit to tell the world you made it

remember Uncle Sam will want his piece of the action too image
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! That coin is a knockout! Congratulations!

Y O U S U C K!!!!

--Christian
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    Greg, always happy to see a good guy land a winner! Rob
    Modern dollars are like children - before you know it they'll be all grown up.....

Questions about Ikes? Go to The IKE GROUP WEB SITE
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, you truly suck ..........

i would guess that coin would bring over 15,000$ - but why let Teletrade take a big chunk of that ? >>

I don't believe this coin is worth nearly $15,000. I could see it going for a few Grand to a Registry guru, but 15 grand! image
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG. The stuff dreams are made of.

Nice going!
  • Options
    Pawpaul: I won't get into my assessment of the value of the coin since I may be bidding for it up to some level and my statement would be self serving. But, what I can say is this...

The 15% which teletrade charges on the buyers' premium (minus the roughly 3% I get back on the credit card I can use to pay, plus the 1% teletrade gives you in "points" results in about 11% net to them on the coin. Trust me - 11% means next to nothing with a coin such as this. This coin one point lower sells for a couple hundred dollars (actually the last one I bought cost me $69 and was a killer MS66). As I formulate a max bid for this coin, I will not even pay any attention to the buyer' premium. My top bid will be my top bid - whether the coin was at Teletrade, Bowers or anywhere else for sale - even privately.

Wondercoin

P.S. I enjoyed lot viewing the coin today - congrats again Bushmaster on a great coin show find!!
  • Options
    Wondercoin ;

interesting, i can agree with your logic.........but I think 11% of ten grand is over a thousand bucks - and I would think Bushmaster would rather pocket that chunk then

to give it to an auction house .

As for the feller that has a hard time thinking it would bring anything near 15 grand ;

1) the coin was minted a mere 30 years after the 32-D

2) PCGS trends is around 12,000$ dollars , and although most of the time erroneous- with very low pop. coins ( in this case 2 ) , it's usually

conservative

3) there will be very strong bidding interest in the coin, from many a well heeled bidder ,competition for top registry coins is intense

4) it's a very attractive genuine RAINBOW and real rainbow's have been known to go for multiples of trends........

5) It's a super popular , highly collected series with a very broad collector base

6) in over 20 years of grading , only one other coin of this date and mint mark has ever achieved this very high grade image
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW!

and

WOW! again.

You suck!
  • Options
    Its a nice coin Paul, but I'm certain it will not sell anywhere close to $15,000. JMO though. I hope it sells for more than $15,000 so Bushmaster can make a nice profit, the more the merrier!

- The PCGS price guide is basically useless for purchasing coins and especially a coin like this. But I predicted around $3,000-$4,000. We shall see here shortly, but I could be way off. image
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    That rainbow is absolutely the real deal and from the pictures the coin is all there for a 67 (as it should have had to be for a pop 2 coin). Should go $10,000 at least.
    A lie told often enough becomes the truth. ~Vladimir Lenin
  • Options
    I hope it does! I guess I don't buy condition rarities and this definitely is that. I'm very curious as to what it does sell, especially with the economy like it is. When it sells will someone post the selling price here.
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    I just was viewing HA's passed auctions and within the past 3-4 years all the NGC 67s sold for around $800! A huge difference.
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    HadleydogHadleydog Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭
    Sweet! image
  • Options

<< <i>I just was viewing HA's passed auctions and within the past 3-4 years all the NGC 67s sold for around $800! A huge difference. >>

pc;

I will assume you wanted to own the coin and therefor have an interest in thinking the selling price will be "low".........

apparently you feel your opinion; " of which you are certain , although possibly way off " , bears more weight then several expert Washington collectors here on the board .

I stated that the PCGS price guide in this instance would be conservative -yet you state the complete opposite...........

You mention the NGC pieces selling for less then 10 cents on the dollar of a PCGS piece ;

again , I would like to stress that if that perplexes you , then you are naive and clueless as to the pricing infrastructure in the PCGS/NGC marketplace

a man cannot be certain of something and then entertain the thought he may be way off without jeopardizing his credibility

...............of one thing I am certain - your estimate is way off

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>... and it is a stunning rainbow to boot!image >>

Nicest toned 62-d I have ever seen.

Thats a wonderful coin with exceptional toning!!!

i would guess that coin would bring over 15,000$

Wow! That coin is a knockout! Congratulations!

Greg, always happy to see a good guy land a winner! Rob

OMG. The stuff dreams are made of.

it's a very attractive genuine RAINBOW

Its a nice coin Paul

I am 100% sure this coin will sell sell for multiples of your estimate either at TT or elsewhere.

That rainbow is absolutely the real deal and from the pictures the coin is all there for a 67 (as it should have had to be for a pop 2 coin).

I hope it does! I guess I don't buy condition rarities and this definitely is that.

I find it absolutely amazing on how many here have personally seen this coin in hand, it must be a stunner! image

P.S. I enjoyed lot viewing the coin today - congrats again Bushmaster on a great coin show find!!

Mitch, you don't seem too excited about this coin after seeing it. Of course, having the advantage in seeing it firsthand, one needs to be careful with lending out too much inf. lest we're bidding!

BM,

Nice score, since there are more folks out there with more money than brains. image But tell me more about the coin. With the understanding that there must be an exceptable balance between luster and toning, too often do we find coins that have too much toning which consequentially overpowers the luster. The strike, grade/condition and toning all look exceptional but the toning looks thick, crusted or heavy which may be limiting the amount of luster that is neccesary for a MS67 opinion. A coin of this nature may still have some flash but it's not enough for a superior coin IMO. And to find such a coin sitting in a standard cardboard 2x2 says volumes. Is the market that low where no-one is out there enjoying the hunt. And what about the dealer? He must of thought otherwise about it's quality to let it go for a fraction of it's now generally viewed value. Are we seeng a loosening up with the grading standards. Of course, you know more about this coin then anyone except Wondercoin, but then you said earlier, "It's even prettier than I remembered it!" So is the coin lustrous or what?

Aside from all that, does anyone know if the Heritage pictureguy moved to TT because the lighting is at 6 o'clock and it's on a pop 2/0 coin.....just unbelieveable!

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bushmaster:

Congrats!

But you are making me feel OLD!

I remember as a 9 year old waiting for my first spanking brand new pure white 1962-D quarter for my blue Whitman book!!!

Geez!!! image
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    Leo, you're cracking me up!

Watch out, they might start calling you Mr. Negative!

The luster is not subdued. The toning is not thick. The coin bears a remarkable resemblance to the many MS67 graded Washers from cardboard mint sets. As you know, many of those completely toned mint set quarters have luster just booming thru.

That being said, I would not say this coin has "booming" luster. But the luster is by no means deficient and is more than adequate for the MS67 grade.

To suggest that PCGS is grading loosely right now... well, that doesn't even bear commenting on.

I will say that I had visions of MS68 dancing around my head as I drifted off to sleep after buying this coin!

and they're cold.
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    Leo ,

you crack me up too ..........

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji